Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link an external bookmark

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would like to link a bookmark from a subproject to a topic from a master project.
I follow instructions: compile subproject, merge subproject in the TOC’s master, click “insert link” and select “Link to Remote Topic”

At this step, I see all the topics but no bookmarks .. Is there a solution to solve it ?

I have RoboHelp X5

Thanks for your answer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007
Hi Manoun.

I got to thinking that you could manually add #bookmarkname after the URL to the remote topic but this does not seem to work. Then I got to wondering if a redirect topic is the answer. Check out how to do re-directs via Rick Stone's tips n trricks file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manoun.

I got to thinking that you could manually add #bookmarkname after the URL to the remote topic but this does not seem to work. Then I got to wondering if a redirect topic is the answer. Check out how to do re-directs via Rick Stone's tips n trricks file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

Thanks for this. But, I have read the trick and it seems not corresponding for my problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manoun.

What I was suggesting was to attack the problem in a different way. You can't link to a bookmark in a remote topic as RH doesn't allow you. So if you add a "normal" hyperlink to a redirect topic in your project that just jumps to a topic in another CHM and then jumps to a bookmark in that topic, this would get around the problem. The key to getting this to work is to specify the path to the bookmark correctly. I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work.

Are you saying it doesn't work or that you can't see how this would do what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Colum

Thanks again for your suggestion. IT WORKS !!
Sorry to be so negative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp