Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 Reports not Displaying all Requested Info

Nov 20, 2007 Nov 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else generated the Topic Properties report from the Tools menu, and noticed that the report only haphazardly includes some requested data? For example, from the Options menu for the report, I selected simply the Topic, the MapID, and any Conditional Build tags. There are about 2700 topics in the project. The resulting report did display some mapID info, but not for every topic that has one. It seemed like less than 50% accuracy there. I did go to some of these topics and confirm that yes, they do indeed have a map ID attached to them.

Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking that you are not filtering on an author or folder as this is a easy trap to fall into Also it is worth compiling the output before you run the report. If you still believe there are problems report this to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Colum. Nope, that's not the problem. The topics are appearing in the report. All of them - I didn't use any author or folder filter at all. BUT - the MAPIDs that are assigned to topics (and yes, I have verified that, indeed, they are assigned, and they do work in compiled Help with the application - many of these topics have been around for years) are not appearing in the report with the topic listing. Some do, many do not. No real rhyme or reason why some IDs appear and some do not, as far as I can tell. Even topics within the same folders have differing results - some appear with ID, some do not.

I will report this as a defect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried to log the bug, got the following message:

Subject: [ Bug Report ]
Sent: 11/21/2007 8:55 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

wish_robohelp@macromedia.com on 11/21/2007 8:53 AM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
< smtp-relay-5.adobe.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 Host not found for domain:macromedia.com - psmtp>

Looks like it just isn't my day. I need that report. Good thing there is a potluck TGiving silly-bration going on around me. Gonna go drown myself in some mac-n-cheese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few reports lately of email problems. I have advised someone at Adobe.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter - nice to know someone is looking out for us! Have a great turkey day - unless you are somewhere else in the world that doesn't celebrate gluttony and football tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Oh us non-US authors are definitley into glutony and football just not as you know it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp