Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not install

Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with installing Adobe Flash Player. For the past month or so every time I shut down and reboot I and  I go to a web site that requires flash player, I get a window reading, to view this page I need flash player 11 or better. I then would have to un-install and then re-install flash player and everything would be fine until I shut down and reboot, then have to do same thing again. Yesterday I un-installed flash player and then tried to install and it will not install. when I click install now at adobe download site, it starts and goes through initializing  and then stops, I don't even get a download dialog box, to choose run or save, Last version installed was 17.0.0134. There is no flash player listed in programs, but there is a flash player [32bit] listed in control panel. HP dv7 Notebook PC. Windows 7 Home Premium, AMD A10-4600m APU with Radeon [tm] 2.30 GHz 64 bit OS 6GB. Can Anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guyb1954,

Please do not post the same issue multiple times. It's not necessary and creates confusion as folks inevitably respond to both posts.  I've deleted your other duplicate post (https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1816026.)

Since Flash Player is not listed in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features it's not installed on the system.  And the inclusion of the Flash Player Settings Manger in the Control Panel further indicates an issue with the installation process.

Please try the following:

1. Download the uninstaller from Uninstall Flash Player | Windows
  2. Download the installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.
    • There are 3 installers: one for Internet Explorer, one for Firefox, and one for Opera.  Download the installers for all browsers you use.
  3. Close all browsers and applications that may use Flash Player
  4. Run the uninstaller downloaded in step 1
  5. Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
    • If the uninstall was successful this directory should only contain the file FlashInstall.log file
  6. While still in Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    • If the uninstall was successful all Flash Player files will have been removed except for FlashInstall.log and mms.cfg file.
    • If you have certain other Adobe products installed you may have additional files in this directory.
  7. Launch Control Panel and confirm the Flash Player Settings Manager is not listed.
  8. If there are files in the \Macromed\Flash directories or the Flash Player Settings Manager is still listed in the Control Panel, please post a screenshot of the contents of C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) and upload both FlashInstall.log files using the instructions here How to share a document‌.
  9. If the uninstall was successful, reboot the computer
  10. After rebooting the system, install Flash Player using the installer(s) downloaded in step 2

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Maria, I have tried what you suggested, It seems that I cannot install anything. I went to link uninstaller, clicked on uninstaller and nothing happened. Went to link for installer, I get check now, I click it ant it says flash player is not installed. I don't see anywhere to click for installer, just some things to check. When I click on install for any program, I do not get the file download dialog box you get at the bottom of the page where you choose run or save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines