• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Connection Error" to the authorization server is preventing me from authorizing ADE 4.0.3

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to re-authorize ADE. The error I'm getting is, "Connection Error: Digital Editions could not connect to the authorization server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet."

Clearly I am! And I've even checked my speed and connection strength. No problems there. What's going on with the activation server? I can see that I'm not the only person to have a problem like this, but I haven't been able to find a resolution that fixed it.

In detail:
After some errors loading a library book with ADE 2.0 tonight, I updated to ADE4.0.3 on a Mac running Yosemite. After more errors, I followed forum directions to de-authorize; I deleted the authorization .dat in Users/Library; and I attempted to re-authorize. I got an "Authorizing..." window for several minutes, filling me with a sense of false hope; but in time it is replaced with the error message above.

I tried downloading one of ADE's sample books; it opened in ADE without authorizing, which really wasn't helpful.  And I attempted to get some help through Adobe Support Chat; I was transferred to their technical team, and the technical support rep said that he/she was not trained on Adobe Digital Editions, and they didn't support it, so I'd have to come here. The tech support person insisted that I would get help here; don't make a liar of the tech support rep, please. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I verified my connection to the internet by logging into my Adobe account, and even went through the Adobe troubleshooting procedures following the link there to the page that says "Welcome to Adobe Digital Editions", which Adobe says means I'm reaching the authorization server.  But either that's wrong or there is a bug in the Adobe Digital editions.  One says I'm not connecting to the authorization server and one says I am. The result is the same. I can't authorize my computer to save the book I downloaded.

So how about it Adobe?  What gives?  Should we give up on ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart your machine and try again. !!

Hope this help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem and restarting my machine has not solved it. do you have any other advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines