• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameScript to run FrameScript?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is primarily an ExtendScript forum, but I see other questions about FS, so thought I would give it a shot.

My project uses an FS to get data from an Access database and create a structured assembly consisting of a graphic and an accompanying table . All great, but the FS has to be run several hundred times manually. I'd like to have a wrapper FS that runs this assembly creation FS automatically.

The assembly creation FS has a popup window that takes 3 parameters. Basically, the wrapper FS would read these parameters from an Excel/.csv file, insert them in the popup window, then go to a folder and select a graphic or graphics. After creating the assembly, the wrapper program would move the insertion point and run the assembly creation FS again, and so forth until the loop has completed.

I have no knowledge of FS but I do have programming skills. Was wondering if this is feasible and if so, could someone point me to some examples that might assist me? Obviously, it would be better if I had the source for the assembly creation FS and could just insert the looping code there, but I don't have the source and don't know who did it.

Thanks,

AH

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the script compiled? What kind of extension does it have on it? If it is .fsl, you should be able to open it in a text editor and edit it. If it is an .fso file, it is compiled. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks, I thought .fsl was compiled. I was able to open the file and I see where it is requesting parameters with a popup window. Will need to look this over more to see if I can figure out how to do what needs to be done. Would be helpful as a start, however, if you could point me to an example of how to open an Excel or .csv file in FS and read the data in a row.

Thanks,

Allen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allen, This is an advanced topic so I won't post anything here as it would take a lot of explanation. There is an active FrameScript group over at yahoo groups. There may be some code samples there. If you have any budget for consulting help, please contact me off list. Thanks. Rick rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need help.

can you assist me in framescript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should start a new thread and explain what kind of help you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines