• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorize ADE - connection error.

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am trying to authorize ADE on my notebook and getting an error message - 'Digital editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet.'

I am connected to the internet and can see the welcome screen on 'adeactivate.adobe.com page. The option to 'Erase Authorization' in ADE is not there.

What else can I try to do?

Thx for any suggestion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nobody got any idea of what to do. Great stuff adobe. Useless w****rs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not able to find the menu item "Erase Authorization" under Help, then you might be using an older version of ADE.

To get the Erase Authorization dialog, please follow the below steps:

1. Switch to Library mode from Reading mode, by click Library button
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+D to bring the deauthorization dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see it. But its greyed out. I never managed to authorize in the 1st place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does both the Erase Authorization and Authorize Computer menu is disabled? If yes then you are in Reading Mode, please switch to Library mode, by click the Library button and the try Erase Authorization option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that I need to be in Library mode, and there I can see and click on the Authorize Computer. It is the error message that I get once I put all the details in and click to next and then to authorize. Connection error, Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. And I am able to connect to the internet. Tried authorizing without firewall and still get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting your machine, and activate ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same issue.  I just downloaded the ADE 4.5. How do I get it to authorize?  There is no problem with my login or the internet connection that I am on because I downloaded this onto another computer and it worked just fine.  I need it on this computer though!!  HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines