• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Show RAM Preview in Slow Motion?

Engaged ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes need to see the video in more detail, you can do this kind of view?

Windows 8.1

After Effects CC 2014

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

‌you can set a playback framerate on the preview panel.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌you can set a playback framerate on the preview panel.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has a maximum limit for frame rate in Preview Panel?

I put 100 fps, but only came to just over 60 fps, that's the average, this happens due to lack of capacity of my computer? Or After Effects has a maximum limit for exibri fps in a second?

It has something to do with my monitor which is 60hz?

I put just a small shape with moving position and with a composition resolution of 320x240 and make RAM preview in "Quarter" quality.

What does it mean?:

"Note: Zoom is not 25%." I need to see 25% of "zoom"? I did it but as long as there is minimal animation in the image, the display is an average of 60 fps.

Screenshot (12).png

My computer:

• Gtx 770 2GB
  • 8GB RAM
  • CPU Core i5 Quad 3.5 Ghz.

Does not seem to be limiting my computer. It could be the After Effects or because of monitor?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE can only play 99 FPS at most indeed. There is no way around it. If you want to slow down/ speed up things further you have to use tricks liek applying temporary Timewarp effects to enforce a specific playback rate.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is no more than 60 fps on average, I will consider this value a limit because not at 99 fps could arrive. I will use your instructions. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to playback at such a high frame rate? You might think that is a dumb question but it's not. High frame rate is touted by gamers and game manufacturers but for video the eye can't tell the difference at anything above about 60 according do research done by Douglas Trumbull,‌ though he is touting 120 fps 3D using specialized equipment as a possible new experience. The point is that if you are going to watch video on a computer 29.97 will remove most motion artifacts like judder, 60 (59.97) will eliminate them almost completely, and most folks can see them just fine. Professional sports may be shot by some cameras at high frame rates but it is broadcast just like everything else. They use the high frame rate footage from some of the cameras on the field for better slow mo playback. Unless you have specific playback hardware and display systems there is no advantage. Trying to playback 100 fps video on a computer screen with a normal refresh rate (60 hz) is a waste of time.

Shooting at high frame rate gives you better slow motion when played back at normal frame rates but I can say that in my experience every person that I have ever known that was trying to do a high frame rate project did not understand video, playback or projection and ended up rendering at a standard frame rate for delivery.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I believe, you did not read me right question, because I asked how RAM Preview in Slow Motion, and would enjoy seeing in quick view also, just to make RAM Preview, not required to watch, render ... So how can I see RAM preview with 1 frame per second and become very slow, wish I could see very quickly too. That's it. Sorry if my question seemed dumb too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but as far as I know, there is no way to select a frame rate for an After Effects RAM Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot (12).png

Then what is Frame Rate below RAM Preview Options?

I put 1fps, 15fps, 30fps, 60fps, and stop there. I could not pass it.

Even putting 100fps, only reaches 60fps.

I wanted 100fps to made Fast Motion Preview, only.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines