• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions v2.0 Error Check Activation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions v2.0.  I have my computer authorized.  Whenever I try to download a book from the local library, it states   "Error! Check Activation."  I contacted customer support, they suggested that I remove the program and then reinstall, which I did....Same error.  I can not seem to find anything on the website relating to this issue.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Which operating system are you using?  If you try to download a book from our Sample library http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/eBook.html do you receive the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows Vista.  And yes, I receive the same error when downloading from the sample library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can get on better with the older, more reliable version 1.7.2.

I haven't seen that precise issue with V2.0, but 1.7.2 is a fix in an alarming number of situations.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in the long run, this did work.  I deleted the 2.0 version, loaded the 1.7.2 and installed it.  It requested authentication.  I could then download books to this version.  I then reloaded the 2.0 version, and so far, it is working fine.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same error deautherize fixed it ctrl + Shift + D, the autherorize it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deu certo Valeeeeuuu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sir &/or Madam! : )
I was starting to pull my hair out.
Works perfectly now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! I didn't have to uninstall or anything, just de-authorize and then authorize again!!! woo hoo!  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you get adobe to open so that you can deauthorize? I am a very senior user and am thinking of just dumping the whole ebook and computer help!

Isn't ADOBE help absolute rubbish! You really cannot beat real live people talking to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem in Windows 7, but CTRL+SHIFT+D has worked brilliantly.

Simple info, why couldn't Adobe put it in their online 'search yourself' help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and de-authorising and re-authorising worked! Now I can read the books I bought Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for posting your answer...I have been trying for weeks to get my library books downloaded to a newer version of ADE and this suggestion worked perfectly!!!!! Thank you again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great glad you got a resolution!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! It finally worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to Stedmister May 2, 2013 11:28 AM :

Had the same error deautherize fixed it ctrl + Shift + D, the autherorize it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I did the same. It worked for me.

I clicked Ctrl + Shift + D and deauthorized my computer.

To reauthorize, I clicked "Help" on the Adobe Digital Editions toolbar and then clicked "Authorize Computer."

After reauthorizing, I clicked "File" on the Adobe Digital Editions toolbar and then clicked "Add to Library" (Ctl + O).

My book did not appear on the list of downloads in my "Downloads" folder, so I clicked the pull down menu and selected "Adobe Content Server Message."

The book downloaded and I could finally open it.

Best of luck to you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  When I try to download from the sample library using the link you provided it does work.  Just not working with books I download from the library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to download an e-pub book from my local library.  the message I get is 'error getting license. License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_ BY_ANOTHER_USER.  I am using Windows 8.  I can download from the sample library.  What does this message mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. i downloaded my ebook on adobe editions 4.0, and then deleted it because the adobe editions v 4.0 was constantly crushing; now i cant manage to download again. can it be possible that you connect my adobe id to that ebook, coz i dont have money to buy it a second time and i am entitled to six downloads, of which i downloaded once already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i recieve the same error message from your library too. I have a Mac and downloaded latest version this morning. why does it not recognize it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10.  I have tried reauthorizing the computer both from the Ctrl+Shift option and the Help dropdown.  It isn't recognizing my login ID and password.  I go to reset the Adobe ID and Password and I get no response with a new password. However I can still login to Abode with my ID and password.  I am totally locked out of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issues. I try to use it to read digital library books, but it hasn't worked for about two weeks. I uninstalled an older version and downloaded v 4.5. Still doesn't work. Updated my password on the Adobe website. Now it won't even let me deauthorize and reauthorize. So frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your e=mail.  I really feel your pain.  It took me 2 weeks to fix this.  Go to (search windows ..bottom left)

(1) search for regedit....when it comes up click run command  this brings you to the registry editor....IF THE FOLDERS ARE OPEN use the Chevron keys on left (Under the word Computer) and close all the folders.  This will just make it easier for you to locate the correct folder

There are 5 folders here........locate the the folder  HKEY-CURRENT_USER (usually the second folder)
open this folder

scroll down to SOFTWARE (OPEN THIS FOLDER)

scroll down to Adobe  (open this folder)

scroll down ADEPT and DELETE THIS FOLDER  (close everything up and do not play around with anything else

This will allow you to reauthorize digital editions

I also had to delete the next folder which is the entire digital editions folder because i wanted to do a clean install on digital editions.  I also re registered my nook. 

I have only fixed one of my computers.  Herein lies the problem....This is the gossip going around.....Our lovely Google now owns digital editions.  They have changed the digital rights management from .acsm to drm (this is the key that gives you legal permission to read a library book) For some reason either in windows or adobe something went wrong and an enormous amount of people are having this this same problem.

Added to this some libraries are in the process of converting over to Overdrive.  Which bring me to the last step in all of this.

I could still not get this work so I also had to download Overdrive for books and audio OverDrive: eBooks, audiobooks and videos for libraries · OverDrive: eBooks, audiobooks and videos fo...

When you take the book out it will ask you which program you want to use choose Adobe Digital Editions

LAST PIECE OF IMPORTANT INFO....MAKE SURE ALL THE PROGRAMS AND YOUR NOOK ARE REGISTERED UNDER THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS AND NAME.  If you are using Firefox browser go to options and click on content and make sure Play DRM content is checked off.  Hope this helps because I know how frustrating this was for me and how little info was out there on how to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines