• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering ID/Password for Erasing Authorization

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm getting the common "Error! Check Activation" message and see that erasing authorization and reauthorizing is one solution.  Which Vendor ID and password should I be entering here?  Nothing I have seems to work - is there was to recover this information if I've lost it?

Thanks,

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message you are getting when you are trying to deauthorize ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Your password is incorrect.  Type the correct password and try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with reset your password Adobe ID, sign-in, and account help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ID and password work fine through adobe.com, but not through Adobe Digital Editions.  ADE seems to want something else when I try to erase authorization.  Is it possible it wants my library account information? (... though that doesn't work either)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please copy paste error snapshot that you are getting during erase authorization.

If you are entering the same password as in adobe.com and Adobe Digital Editions, ideally it should work.

If the error message says " Incorrect password", then for sure password that you entering is not correct.

In case of any other error during erase authorization, please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Here is the screenshot.  The blacked out section of "Authorized Users" is set by default to my county library card number.  As I said, using my login credentials for either Adobe or my library does not work.  I'm not sure what the '3M' is.
"Erase Auth.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close all applications.
  2. Choose Start > Run.
  3. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  4. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  5. Select the Adept key.
  6. Choose File > Export.
  7. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
  8. Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  9. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
  10. Close the Registry Editor.
  11. Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas how to do this on a mac?  I'm having the same difficulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines