• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't reinstall Flash player OR uninstall it.

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 8 laptop and I use Mozilla Firefox to access the internet.  I keep getting a message saying " Adobe Flash Player has crashed".  I am unable to send a report for some reason.  I updated Flash, thinking that is the problem but I still keep getting the same message.  So out of desperation, I tried to uninstall it and was only able to uninstall Flash Reader (when I tried to uninstall Flash Player, I keep getting a message saying that I need to close Mozilla) I close Mozilla and STILL says I need to close it and wont let me update OR uninstall it.  I am getting very frustrated. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try to uninstall again after killing all the process named "firefox.exe" from your task manager and running the uninstaller again ?

If it uninstalls successfully, kindly perform a fresh installation again by downloading offline installers from Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows located under "Still having problems" section at the bottom of the page.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Before Uninstalling, Can you please ensure no Firefox process is running in the back-end.

1) Open Task Manager

2) Find Firefox Process, and End the Process and Try Uninstalling Flash Player again.

This happens sometimes, you have your application closed yet an instance of the same process keeps running in the back-end but is not visible on the UI.

Hope this Helps.

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines