• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aggravated: Unable to Erase Authorization, Here's what I've already tried...

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I need to test out Epub files I create before sending them to market, so I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions for Mac from here: Download | Adobe Digital Editions
  • I followed installation setup
  • I logged in with my existing Adobe ID
  • I downloaded a few borrowed Epub books from my local library so I could test an already-working file and be sure the program works sufficiently before trying the file I created.
  • I then tried to add the *.acsm file by both File>Add to Library and by double-clicking on the file in Finder.
  • I received the following message: "Unable to Download Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY
  • I went to the help page here: License server communication error: E_ACT_NOT_READY
  • I followed the instructions to erase authorization, but received the following message: "Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try after some time."
  • I tried this multiple times but always received the same error message.
  • I looked here: I'm unable to deauthorize my computer. Getting an error message "Unable to erase authorization. Pl...
  • I could not find the activation.dat file, as the furthest I got was "Computer/Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe" ...but there was no folder for Adobe Digital Editions. I replied on the thread.
  • Wondering if it would help, I uninstalled and then re-installed Digital Editions
  • Same problems are occurring.
  • At a loss after searching every forum topic on "unable to erase authorization" and anything remotely associated with it (especially since most posts were unanswered), I called Adobe support since I have a CC license. However, Adobe phone support does not support ADE. I asked them to inform a supervisor that questions on the forum are going unanswered.
  • I am now ready to throw the damn computer.

Please help me. I need this program to work as I am trying to create my own Epub documents and want to test them in a reader app before making the files available to the public.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, try the following way to access activation.dat:

1. Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

2. Type   ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem

Where do I type in "Go-> Go go file"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

You will find "Go" option on top left corner of your mac machine. Click on "Go" and select "Go to folder"

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 9.41.29 am.png

Then type:  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

Click on "Go"

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines