• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I having so much trouble installing the latest version of Flash Player to use in IE?

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had so much trouble updating Flash Player for Internet Explorer since I began in 1998. The plug-in for Google Chrome installed fine.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4 times with no luck. The usual pop-up comes up when I open IE asking? 'This webpage wants to run the following add-on; 'Adobe Flash Player' from Adobe Systems Incorporated'.

I downloaded from the adobe.com website.

Can someone please help?

Windows 7 64-bit

Internet Explorer 11

Flash Player 17

flash installed.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I checked on the Active X Filtering and it is allowed for Adobe products, as it always has been.

Thanks,

Dake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you click Allow on the infobar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeromie;

First off, thanks very much for your reply.

When I click on allow or click on the dropdown and select allow for all websites, the infobar disappears for a moment the reappears.

Thanks,

Dake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think IE wants to ask for each Flash instance on the page.  Is there a little arrow to the right of the allow button that allows you to choose "Always Allow"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the one I was referring to in the dropdown list, 'enable for all websites'. It doesn't work either, when I click

it the bar disappears for a moment then reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this guidance over on the Windows forums.  It seems promising for your scenario:

Make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:

a. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.

b. Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage add-ons.

c. In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.

d. Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled.

o Shockwave Active X Control

o Shockwave Flash Object

o Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)

o QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)

o Windows Media Player

Hope this information helps. Reply with the status so that we could help you further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason Shockwave is not listed in the Run Without Permission list although it is listed in the All Add-ons list. I do not use Quick time so it is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have no idea how but the Flash Player update (17.0.0.188) that was released this morning resolved my issue.

It is installed and running great after I uninstalled the last version.

Thanks,

Dake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines