• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions /Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried numerous times to install Digital Editions to my computer with 8.1 Windows.  It immediately comes up showing a screen with a few random library books I borrowed in 2013.  There are no options to connect to anything, including my library, and I cannot get/see any of the titles currently checked out.  I want to be able to check out library books and sideload them to my new Nook Glow (you cannot directly download to it.)  In the past, I have downloaded library books directly to my tablet and phone using an app called Overdrive with no problems.  I can download that app to my computer, and it shows my currently checked out books, but gives no option to save, copy, past or drag so that I can sideload it to the Nook Glow.  I have spent many hours trying everything I could think of, and so has the Geek Squad and Nook support.  I am so frustrated. I just want to be able to sideload library books onto my Nook Glow.  There has to be some way to do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happen exactly? Can you install and open adobe digital edition...yes or no? Has you authorize the programm? What happens when drag and drop a download file in the programm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed it and uninstalled it many times - all of the versions.  Yes, I can open it, and it shows several library books I read 2 years ago.  I can drag them, but they are long expired.  That is the only page I can open. There is no option to open a program, connect to a library or anywhere else.  Nothing but this one bookshelf and several empty bookshelves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did authorize the computer.  It will not let me deauthorize it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE, follow the below steps:

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines