Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Drop Downs, mixed formatting

Level 2

I created a LifeCycle Form 3-4 yrs ago and now need to make changes to the Form.  I was learning on the fly then and have not used the product since that time.  The changes requested are becoming more complicated and I am trying to understand the best practice for making these changes.  Specifically, I have tables in the form that they want to add drop downs to several of the columns.  I can turn a cell into a drop down but is there a way to turn the column into a drop down so that in each row that cell has the same drop down information?

Another question - is it possible to have two different formats in one Form - first page - Portrait, next 3 - Landscape?

7 Replies

Level 7

You could just change the rawValues for all cells to match the cell that you change.

var dropDownList = xfa.resolveNodes ("Table1.Row1[*].ddCell");

for (i = 0; i < dropDownList.length; i++) dropDownList.item(i).rawValue = this.rawValue;

For the second question: Yes, but you need a new master page.

Level 2

Thank you for your response but as I mentioned in my original post I am a novice with LiveCycle and do not understand how to proceed based on your response.  Am I supposed to copy the language you sent me and use it somewhere?

Also, how do I create a new master page, and what does that mean to my original document - is it adding another page to the Form or is it "hidden"?

Level 7

Here's a sample of that code with the hierarchy. You'd have to change the names to fit what you are using for the row name and table name.

751864_pastedImage_0.png

As for the second master page, right-click on (Master Pages) and choose Add Master Page. Select the Object tab and Master Page sub tab. Change the Orientation to Landscape.

751871_pastedImage_1.png

The new pages that you set to go to Page2 will be landscape. To make sure your page is going to fall on the landscape page, create a new page, then (with the new page selected) go to the Object tab and Pagination sub tab and set the Place to the content area on Page2. By default, they have the same name, but you can change it to limit confusion.

751872_pastedImage_2.png

Level 2

Let me try again. I don’t know how to write code, I don’t exactly understand what I am looking at (you tell me to change the names to fit the rows and columns – what in the code language example is the “name”). In my case the tables already exist and now they are asking for drop downs. Do I need to delete all the rows and start from scratch in order for this work? Currently in my table the Rows do not have names, there are only column headers (names) – does that change how this will work? Is it supposed to be done on “exit*”? As shown in the link? Or is that just an example and I might want something else?

I am sorry but as you can see I still do not get it. . . . . . . I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person, but right now I am feeling pretty frustrated at not be able to understand what to do and I am not getting anywhere with my project edits.

In terms of the portrait / landscape question. I was able to add the MasterPage2 as landscape, but it puts a blank page between each one of the existing pages – how do I correct that?

Kathie Blauch

Asst to Stephen Beckman

Fidelity Stock Plan Services

2 Contra Way, T3J

Merrimack, NH 03054

603-791-1782

617.276.6080(cell)

508.263.3721(fax)

kathie.blauch@fmr.com<mailto:kathie.blauch@fmr.com>

Notice: All email sent to or from Fidelity Investments is subject to retention, monitoring and/or review by Fidelity personnel.

Please note that Fidelity is unable to accept orders left over voicemail or email regarding any account.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may contain information that is considered privileged, proprietary, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this email or if you have otherwise received this email in error, please immediately notify me by replying to this message or by telephone (you may call me collect). Any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited without authorization from Fidelity Investments.

Level 7

The names from the code come from the names given in the hierarchy. You'll have to find the table you're working on and get the names from there. You want this to happen on exit so that there are no other steps required to force the other items in the column to change.

751901_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

I give up. I have not found this helpful, I have not gotten any solutions to my questions that I can understand or work with. I will manager my forms as best I can on my own and in the most labor intensive way because that is all I have at this point.

No response is necessary.

My questions were NOT answered.

Kathie Blauch

Asst to Stephen Beckman

2 Contra Way, T3J

Merrimack, NH 03054

603-791-1782

617.276.6080(cell)

508.263.3721(fax)

Notice: All email sent to or from Fidelity Investments is subject to retention, monitoring and/or review by Fidelity personnel.

Please note that Fidelity is unable to accept orders left over voicemail or email regarding any account.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may contain information that is considered privileged, proprietary, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of this email or if you have otherwise received this email in error, please immediately notify me by replying to this message or by telephone (you may call me collect). Any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited without authorization from Fidelity Investments.

Level 2

Okay, I need to try again here. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with not be able to achieve my goal of updating my form. I have spent some more time looking at the details that you have sent me and have tried to do as you suggested. I do not seem to be accomplishing my goal. Nothing is working. I looked at the section you sent me on the Master Pages, but I cannot seem to get the pages to accept different Master Pages, if I change one to Portrait they all change, even though I have two different Master Pages – 1 portrait, 1 landscape. I tried to do what you suggested but it didn’t seem to make any difference. So clearly I am missing something

I also tried copying the Javascript that you provided, I named the cells/the table and the row and changed the names as suggested in the pictures you provided, but is that script supposed to be in the original cell or copied to the next rows cell? Either way while I don’t get any error messages, I also do not achieve my goal of duplicating the lists in the row below.

This is what I pasted into the script field for the original dropdown box I created – or is this supposed to go into the box in the next row? I tried that as well. It still didn’t provide the result I expected. Clearly I did not understand the instructions. What am I missing here?

var dropDownList = xfa.resolveNodes ("LongShares.RowA[0].OrderType");

for (i = 0; i < dropDownList.length; i++) dropDownList.item(i).rawValue = this.rawValue;

[cid:image010.png@01D07B65.3EA3CD20][cid:image012.png@01D07B65.3EA3CD20][cid:image014.png@01D07B65.3EA3CD20][cid:image014.png@01D07B65.3EA3CD20][cid:image014.png@01D07B65.3EA3CD20][cid:image015.jpg@01D07B65.3EA3CD20]

Would it be possible to get someone else from Adobe to participate in this thread? Four years ago I received assistance from Niall, does he/she (?) still support questions on LiveCycle Designer?

Kathie Blauch

Asst to Stephen Beckman

2 Contra Way, T3J

Merrimack, NH 03054

603-791-1782

617.276.6080(cell)

508.263.3721(fax)