• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Build Tags

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 Help systems I would like to output. Do I have to copy my entire System if I need to exclude certain items from the TOC? If not, how do you exclude actual items from the TOC with Conditional Build Tags?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2007 Jul 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/buildtag_05.html starting with the heading "The Table of Contents (TOC)".

It helped me do what you want to do.

Good luck,
Beverly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2007 Jul 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Version 5 of Robohelp and I have read all the documentation you sent. I have created a Conditional Build Tag but when I right-click on the item in my TOC, I see no option of a Conditional Build Tag. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LLT1961

The ability to apply a condition directly to a TOC node is unique to version 6. Sorry, X5 is clueless about it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
question answered....thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You add the build tag to the topic NOT the TOC item. Right click the topic and select Properties. Click on the Advanced tab and there you'll find both content and topic level tags. Content level tags apply to the content in the topic but not the topic itself. If you want the whole topic to be suppressed the tag must be applied at the topic level. Once you've done this, use the single source layout to suppress the build tag you have applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp