• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp search not working on some OS/browsers

Jan 30, 2007 Jan 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I created a help system and generated WebHelp for the client. Now that they have it on their site, they're having issues with different operating systems and browsers. This is probably something basic that I should have learned about long ago, and I suppose in the future I should confirm this kind of end-user information up front. But I've created many help systems and have never been told of any such problems. Here's what the client wrote:

"There are environments for which the Help System search option does not operate successfully. We’ve all had difficulties making it work, but most acutely with the Mac platforms using either Safari or Netscape (which accounts for a large proportion of our user base). The same is true in my environment until I allow IE to accept “active code. Basically, it comes up with no search-text box(es), and only shows a list of the searchable entries, much like a “super index” list through which one may scroll. On my IE system, at least it warned me that I wasn't seeing everything because I wasn't allowing the use of "active" files. "

If anyone is able to shed any light on this for me I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Diane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this problem resolved. I've got the same issue, and would like to know how to fix it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The only "solution" I found was through the use of another piece of software called "chm2web" ( http://chm2web.aklabs.com/ ). What I had to do was generate a CHM file in RoboHelp, then run the CHM file through the new software which produced webhelp that did not have the issues I was asking about.

Hope this helps.

Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp