• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the support for modifying template generated websites?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been figuring out how to get computers to do what I wanted them to since punch cards. I am a competent reader and can usually dig out information. I  have been dealing with network solutions web cafe and webbuilder for years to provide my business website for years. I am trying to take the next step.  I have been learning dreamweaver and some basic code over the last year and it is beginning to make sense. I have BC and DW working together and have set up several sites using the site templates.  I feel like I have been thrown into a boat in the middle the sea with out charts.  For example, I am having trouble finding where to change basic site  background colors. The structure of these sites complex and I am having a hard time finding the levers to personalize them beyond the text content. Where is the instruction how to do the next level of adjustment. I must have missed those charts.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Hey there,

There is no instruction as it were for the web, all sites, code is different and custom. In terms of templates, if the place did not provide instructions then it is up to you.

In terms of BC...

Guides on the forums: Community: Documents | Adobe CommunityLinks to 3rd party guide sites are there

Documentation, reference etc here: support

In terms of CSS, HTML, Javascript - the web is there for all of that to learn what it is. There are no "instructions" as it were to web develement

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

There is no instruction as it were for the web, all sites, code is different and custom. In terms of templates, if the place did not provide instructions then it is up to you.

In terms of BC...

Guides on the forums: Community: Documents | Adobe CommunityLinks to 3rd party guide sites are there

Documentation, reference etc here: support

In terms of CSS, HTML, Javascript - the web is there for all of that to learn what it is. There are no "instructions" as it were to web develement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it is, so it has been.  I have made great progress and now stalled trying to push it to BC.  got to the point of making changes in the template and saved it to all the linked pages on DW.  on pushing I ran a snag and got this log

Started: 4/21/15 9:29 AM

search-results.html - Put operation successful

- error occurred - Access denied.  The file may not exist locally,  may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.

css:base.css - same - not transferred

Path was: /css/_notes/base.css.mno

css:skeleton.css - same - not transferred

Path was: /css/_notes/skeleton.css.mno

css:layout.css - same - not transferred

img:expand-menu.png - same - not transferred

img:expand-menu@2x.png - same - not transferred

img:header-background.jpg - same - not transferred

img:highlight-area-background.png - same - not transferred

Path was: /css/_notes/layout.css.mno

Path was: /img/_notes/expand-menu.png.mno

Path was: /img/_notes/expand-menu%402x.png.mno

Path was: /img/_notes/header-background.jpg.mno

Path was: /img/_notes/highlight-area-background.png.mno

- error occurred - Access denied.  The file may not exist locally,  may be open in another program, or there could be a local permission problem.

js:slider.js - same - not transferred

js:retina.js - same - not transferred

Path was: /fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald/Open+Sans/_notes/400italic,600italic,700italic,400,700,600.mno

Path was: /css/_notes/base.css.mno

Path was: /css/_notes/skeleton.css.mno

Path was: /css/_notes/layout.css.mno

Path was: /ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/_notes/jquery.min.js.mno

Path was: /js/_notes/slider.js.mno

Path was: /_notes/Default.aspx?SiteSearchID=2465&PageID=9154318.mno

Path was: /js/_notes/retina.js.mno

Path was: /_notes/search-results.html.mno

File activity incomplete. 2 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files updated: 1

Files skipped: 9

Files with errors: 2

Finished: 4/21/15 9:29 AM

not sure why access denied, cas around some to no avail, any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines