Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlights in pulldown menus

Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been recording a software tutorial using Captivate 3 in Demonstration mode. When I record selecting an item from a pulldown menu the resulting recording isn't correct. What Captivate records is the item highlighting before the mouse actually clicks on it. Anyway to correct this?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sometimes happens to me, also. What I have done is pause when the pulldown menu comes down, then pause while highlighting the item in the menu before actually clicking it. This usually gives Captivate a chance to "catch up" and record everything. It often results in superfluous screenshots (of the "pauses"), but you can just delete those slides and everything should be seamless.

I hope this helps.
-Maureen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2007 Dec 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Or, for just use the manual capturing mode (default is PrtScn) to capture drop-down menus. You can use this even if you are recording a movie using autocapturing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources