• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Troubles Saving projects w/ FMV

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a POS training project. Because of this, the PC is very restricted (no start menu, no explorer, no run window, etc...). We have been able to install Captivate 2, and things have been working well. I can record demonstrations and save them. I then take the saved files to another machine to edit and finalize.

Projects with stills work with no troubles. I have some pieces that require recording with full motion video. They record fine. I am unable to save the project. I recieve an error saying the files are locked by another program or user. This only happens with projects with recorded full motion video. I assume this is a permission problem, with the movie files created. I would assume there are two ways to solve this. 1.) Find the temp files, and edit their permissions. 2.) Run captivate as Admin.

Obviously solution 2, sounds like the better choice. However, with the restrictions on the PC, this is difficult. I can get to a DOS prompt from a protected part of the POS, which is how I have installed and launch captivate. Is there a way to "run as" from command line? If not, am I able to change ownership/permissions from the command line? If so, where would I find these temporary files?

Thanks for your help!
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi ChrisBlackburn

In Captivate 2, if you click Options > Recording Options... > Full Motion Recording tab, you will see where the temp files are normally placed. You may want to try changing this area and see if your results improve.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources