• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact Form Using Godaddy

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been asked before but I can't seem to get a straight answer. How do you make the Muse forms work with godaddy? Some say you can't at all, some say if you know some simple html you can. I know html and I still can't figure this out. If you were able to do this can you please let all us know how you did this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Not sure how there has not been an answer to your question.  There is an easy solution if you are using GoDaddy's Web Hosting.  Just a disclaimer, this only works if you are using GoDaddy's Web Hosting and Muse Forms.  This isn't an issue with Muse so much as it is a setting that needs to be adjusted on whatever host you are using.

1. Place form in Muse. Make sure to add the correct parameters, i.e., the email address that will be receiving forms.
  2. Next step is to navigate to your cPanel on GoDaddy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't really do much with Muse forms on other web servers unless you know a server side language like PHP, PERL or ASP along with HTML. You can find Form mail scripts online and use that on your server if you are familiar with setting that up.

Muse web forms do output in html 5 so if you can fit all of the pieces together it should work. I don't think you are going to get a step by step tutorial in these forums however, it would get quite involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried it yet but what if I were to create a form in say dreamweaver, copy the html then inject the code into muse whit their "Add HTML" feature. Do you think that would work or would I just be wasting my time? By the way, thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to do more than just copy the html of the form. You would have to take the scripts associated with it as well and put that in your websites root. HTML is just a mark up. It does not have any sort of function. Which is why the Muse team made the decision to require BC hosting for their forms, this way they will work without any problems because it is hosted on their own backend, no server side setup needed.

If you want to make your own forms without getting dirty you can find software that will help.

http://www.coffeecup.com/web-form-builder/

Coffee Cup form builder is pretty sweet. You can make your form and generate all of the assets needed, then upload it to your server and paste the code into your site. they give you a bunch of options for hosting the form as well. The best part is that its a one time fee and I think they have a demo version to try out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. Ill check it out. Very unfortunate Muse is like this because I really like the software but my clients don't always want to use BC. And it seems to be a huge pain to do something very simple like a contact form with muse if you choose not to use BC. I hope they change this in future updates. Anyway thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Per this forum thread, you can upload Muse forms to GoDaddy. You may want to check the thread for more details:

http://support.godaddy.com/groups/web-hosting/forum/topic/adobe-business-catalyst-go-daddy-hosting/

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Suhas but that thread really does not say that Godaddy supports the forms. I just says you can upload them, which i did, they just dont work. And there is nothing in that thread that tells you how to get them to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the official help page - http://www.adobekb.com/adding_contact_forms.html

The forms you add to pages are configured to work when hosted on Adobe Business Catalyst, the hosting service integrated with Muse. Contact forms require server-side support in order to work. When you click the Publish button to publish a site, the forms that you upload use code that exists on the Business Catalyst servers to process the form data and route it to the correct email address.

Note: If you want to create and style forms with Muse and then upload your site to a different web hosting service, the forms will display as you designed them, but they will not function. If you have experience working with code, you can use Muse to export your site and then open the files in an HTML editor. Update the source code of the form to make it compatible with the form processing technology used by your hosting provider before you upload the files to their server.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this and everyone's posting. I appreciate it but the point is being missed. Yes I know you can go in the html and change the code on the form, I know html very well and I can tell you this: It does not work or I am doing something wrong. I have made 100's of forms in html so I know what I'm doing in html, but when I do make a form in html after exporting my site to html from muse, the form usually shows up off screen and messes up the page layout. Also for those that do know html also know that muses html is not standard and it is difficult to work with. What I am asking here is advice from someone that has actually modified a muse form to work on godaddy.com. And if so how did you do it. Please, I am not looking for a copy and paste from a google search saying that you can get it to work. I already know this. HOW to get it to work is my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reposting this comment.

If you're subscribed to the Cloud you can set up a form in Dreamweaver which uses the POST method and then interface that with cgi-bin or PHP. Save that page in your site with the same name as your Muse "contact" page. You can probably do this with any form builder, but trying to add in the Header & Menu is another story.

More and more I look at Muse as a beta, and tying it to Catalyst is reminiscent of Microsoft's endeavor to induce a dependency.

Good Luck Furly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this ever been answered? Maybe on another thread.  I have 4 websites hosted by godaddy and using muse forms.  They use to to work great, than they started to take hours to come in and now they don't go through at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StringHammer you are correct THEY USED TO WORK JUST FINE but now they don't and it's messed up. The problem only seems to be with godaddy and yahoo accounts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how there has not been an answer to your question.  There is an easy solution if you are using GoDaddy's Web Hosting.  Just a disclaimer, this only works if you are using GoDaddy's Web Hosting and Muse Forms.  This isn't an issue with Muse so much as it is a setting that needs to be adjusted on whatever host you are using.

1. Place form in Muse. Make sure to add the correct parameters, i.e., the email address that will be receiving forms.
  2. Next step is to navigate to your cPanel on GoDaddy.  This is where you manage your web hosting.
  3. On the main cPanel page, scroll down to where it says ":::Email"
  4. Click on "MX entry" which is located right below "Accounts".  This is the Mail Exchanger setting.  By Default, GoDaddy assumes you will be using a GoDaddy email account.
  5. Make sure that "Remote Mail Exchanger" is ticked on and that "Local Mail Exchanger" is off.
  6. Your Form should now be functional.

The issue with Muse Forms and GoDaddy is that GoDaddy assumes you will be hosting your e-mail through GoDaddy.  If you set up an email address for your form in Muse that is not a GoDaddy hosted email address, then GoDaddy does not accept it by default. You have to give GoDaddy permission to send a form to what GoDaddy considers a "remote" email address.

I hope this works for anyone who has had Form problems when using Muse Forms that are hosted on GoDaddy servers.

-tecspec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks tecspec112 - This worked!!

So far so good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant see thisoption on c panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the action need to be POST or GET?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So many thanks for this post. I was completely unable to fathom why the connect form wouldn't work, and your post has solved the mystery in 30 seconds! You have saved my day! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME ... tecspec112 it worked first time thank you i was pulling my hair out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy

I love what you have said here, and this should also solve all of my issues with Forms built in Muse and hosted on GoDaddy. However, I have been into CPanel for hours in GoDaddy and cannot find exactly the path to the MX settings. I have certainly found MX settings in the DNS setting and edit functions. But this isn't what you have described as follows "

1. Make sure that "Remote Mail Exchanger" is ticked on and that "Local Mail Exchanger" is off."

Please assist me with the instructions as per listed.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yackid - I came across this thread tonight and eventually found the settings, made the change, and now my Muse form works.  You need to get to the cPanel Hosting Screen.  These instructions worked as of the date of this post.

1.  Log in to your GoDaddy account.

2.  Go to My Products under your log-in name at the top left.

3.  On the Web Hosting link click on Manage.

4.  Click Manage on the specified domain, which brings up the cPanel Hosting screen.

5.  Scroll down to the Email section (almost to the bottom), and click on MX Entry.

6.  Toggle Local Mail Exchanger off and toggle on Remote Mail Exchanger.

7.  Click Change. 

That is all I had to do.  It takes about 3-4 minutes from a form submission to hit my e-mail account, but it works!  Thanks to tecspec112​ for the tip.  It saved my sanity in the hours after my site went live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately this solution did not work for me

been trying to find a solution to this form problem for 3 days, it's really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My form doesn't seem to be working. I followed the steps in the answer - the form acts like it is working, but we never receive the email. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines