• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Takes 30 minutes to Load Project

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a large project and I'm finding that since upgrading to version 7 my project is taking 10 times longer to load. When I select teh project I want to work on it takes half an hour for the program to be ready for me to get to work. Is this something other people are experiencing or just me?

The project file is around 65 megs and I'm running on over 3 gigs of memory and a 3.4 processor.
Any ideas on how I can speed this up?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the topic on Opening Projects on my site. Perhaps it is worth taking a copy of your project and trashing the CPD and XPJ files.

Do take a backup.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
You might like to have a look at breaking up the project into a "master" and sub projects using RH's merged project feature. As always take backups first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!!!!
Thanks Peter! I created a backup and then deleted the two files you suggested and it flew. The project was up and running in 30 seconds.

Thank you so much. You just saved me 45 minutes a day.

Everything seems to be exaclty the same, but is there anything that might be affected due to the loss of those two files?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes. The stuff that is covered in the article I pointed you to!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp