• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

distiller stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uptaded (through CC) to Acrobat DC. Now  I keep getting a messing arbitrarily popping up "Distiller has stopped working..."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Hi Ronald59‌, all,

The Distiller crash issue has been fixed in the DC update that was released on 14th July (Release Notes). Please update to latest patch by going to Help > Check for Updates.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ronald59,

Could you please let me know what version of OS are you working on.

What exactly are you doing when this message appears?

Could you please share the screenshot of the error message so that I can analyze the exact issue.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 pro. Strange thing: We have two, brand new (IDENTICAL) computers; this is only happening on ONE of them!

I disabled the sys tray (startup) and stopped it from popping up (for the moment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, it does NOT matter what I am doing. One instance, I simply restarted and waited; in 5 minutes it (the message) appeared.Other times I'm working in photoshop or illustrator or checking my email; doesn't matter!

Here is the screen shot (attached).

screen_shot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I believe you have only one version of Acrobat installed on your machine - Acrobat DC.

Can you please do the following:

1) Close Acrobat application and close all acrobat processes from task manager.

2) Go to "Control Panel" -> "Programs" -> "Programs and Features" -> "Uninstall a program" and select "Adobe Acrobat DC".

Click "Change" and select "Repair" from the following dialog.

After product repair is done, restart the machine and then try printing to pdf again.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2015 Apr 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no trouble printing PDF’s please read my complaint again. I’ve tried your suggestion; di not work I still get the error message.

RKP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for adding to your discussion. I had a similar problem on Win 7 / 64bit, after update to Acrobat DC. Distiller DC stopped working during the scan fonts. This procedure helped:

- Disconnect the drive where I have a folders with fonts

- In Distiller settings disable scanning these folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help; I’ve given up – after hours of trial & error. Gone back to Acrobat 9.0 pro – never had any problems with IT! I’ll come back to DC when Adobe gets their crap together!

Even if it IS a font problem . . .REALLY? THEY can’t figure a way to bypass it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try these steps. Here's my response copied from another thread, it seems many are having this issue.

I just did a full de/re install of Acrobat DC, including deleting all old local/roaming App data folders for Acrobat and a registry purge. This fixed nothing, still getting the crash.

When attempting to export or print to Adobe PDF, distiller crashes at the "Checking fonts" stage.

OS is Win7 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issues with Distiller DC. The pop up appears sporadically. It does not seem to matter what I am doing.

Also, I am not able to print to PDF using Acrobat DC

I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I tried the uninstall etc etc...did not work

I tried to change settings for fonts in Distiller but could not access settings as program would crash as soon as it opened

Thank you "dkirkhus" for linking me to this thread.

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the issue with Distiller shutting down, but I'm on a Mac, not Windows. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as restarting/shutting down. This started happening when I updated the Acrobat in my Creative Cloud. I never had an issue before. However, my coworker who is also using a Mac, but a newer one, updated Acrobat and hasn't had any issues. Thoughts? Here is the error I get every time.

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 2.14.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know much about Mac's, but the "crashing"  issue with Acrobat seems to be in the fonts. If you can open Acrobat Distiller DC and access settings, remove the main Font folder from being scanned (and/or any other folders you may have added fonts to). If that fixes your problem, then you may have to do similar to what I did in the post just  previous to yours to find out which fonts are causing the problems.

Your coworker most likely does not have all the same fonts as you and that may explain why you are having problems and your co-worker is not.

If you cannot access Distiller DC to change the settings, try following the steps above for clearing out your font folder first or perhaps do  as "dkirkhus" did if your fonts are on a different drive.

Hope this helps

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, after temporarily disabling the HD that contains my client projects (and all of their respective fonts) I was able to open Distiller without it crashing. I then changed font settings in Distiller so that it only looks in the default Windows and Adobe paths.

All seems to be functioning properly, now. I managed to print to Adobe PDF with no issues.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have fixed my problem...  I am no longer seeing the Distiller stopped working pop up and I am now able to print to PDF

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

My Fonts and program are all installed on the same drive  thus preventing me from gaining access to Distiller to change the settings. Windows would not let me make any changes to the Default Font folder.

This is what I did...

Not knowing which font(s) where causing the problem, I moved all but protected fonts (automatically labelled) from the Window's Font folder and placed them in a temporary folder.

I restarted Distiller DC and great news...the program did not crash and I was able to change the settings to temporarily not include the Windows Fonts .No more pop ups and I can now print to PDF!

What I am going to do..

Through the process of elimination, I will gradually restore the fonts I removed from from the Window's folder to find the culprits(s)

Once I am satisfied that the problem Font(s) are found and no longer  included in the Window's Font folder, I will change the settings in Distiller back (permanently) to include the Window's Font folder.

In closing, and because so many others are having the same issues, I really do think it would be prudent for Adobe to make the necessary adjustments to their program(s) to prevent this kind of issue.

Thanks

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

This issue is already reported to Acrobat Engineering and they are investigating it. So far they have found that some fonts (copyright by sRB-Powers) like "sarusFlowerDing(sRB).TTF" / com_srb_.TTF / similar are causing the crash. Can you please check if you are also having any such font installed in your system which you have moved now to temp folder?

Thanks,

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vishal

I do have (SRB) fonts  but they have never been installed.

However, as I am adding fonts back one by one, I have so far discovered a font, that caused a crash, by the name of

Blox (BRK)

version 2

ttf

Here it is for you to try if you like;

https://www.4shared.com/zip/TyEENZkNba/Blox2.html

I will send more names as I go through the files.

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kathy. Really appreciate your help.

Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vishal

Managed to restore the rest of my fonts. I had no more crashes.

Hard to believe that, in my case, it was only the single "Blox" font that was causing all those crashes.

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the font Hotplate(sRB).TTF from the Windows font folder and it resolved the issue.

On this machine I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how long before a fix Adobe?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“So, how long before a fix Adobe?”

THAT is MY question! Enough of everyone finding the font that causes THEIR crash. Everyone seems to be coming up with different fonts (NONE of which I have).

Adobe just needs to just fix it. Never had this problem before this update. That’s on Adobe not us!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem. I can't be wasting time going through every font on my system to see which one(s) distiller all of a sudden doesn't like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First of all, extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused 😞

We are able to reproduce the issue in-house. The problem happens when Distiller tries to load a font that has some delimiter (like '(', ')', '{', '}') in the font name. While we are working on a fix for the same, meanwhile, as a workaround, fonts with such delimiters can be removed from the locations where Distiller looks for Fonts. Following are such locations:

C:\Windows\Fonts

C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Resources\Font\

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\EQUATION\

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts

Thanks & Regards

Sachin Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I did remove Blox and haven't had the issue since. Don't think I have EVER used that font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've the same problem (Distiller crashes at startup)... if I launch it, it crashes at a specified font (Boycott). If i uninstall Boycott (full name: Boycott Normale, without any quote) and reload the software, it crashes with another font... my event vievew is full of Distiller errors!!! Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines