• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC - blue box in develop module

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom CC.  I have a Canon 6D that was imported from, I can see the photos after importing camera raw in library module, but when I am in develop module there is just a blue box.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Hi All,

This is a GPU related issue. Please update your GPU drivers from the manufacturers website.

In the mean while, disabling "Use Graphics Processor" (Preferences > Performance), should help load the Develop module.

For more details, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom GPU FAQ

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one. Will update if I solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same blue screen problem in Develop Module..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Can you confirm, if you are getting Blue Screen, even after disabling the GPU from Lr preferences, as stated above.

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm okay.  Uncheckd the GPU in Preferences.  Everything ok.  Thanks for the help.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thanks for the confirmation

Cheers!

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats the point of turning OFF GPU acceleration when they sell that as a new feature? I'm stunned that this happens to even GTX 980 other than saying update your drivers need some other better tested product release from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess, solution yet to be found.

Did you tried Signing out from Creative Cloud and Sign in .

Then tried to load Develop module on Lightroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, blue box in develop module for "After" preview. "Before" view works fine. Full screen works fine when you press "F" button.

Anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling hardware accelleration in Edit->Preferences does the trick and solves the issue... At least for me it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adventurism now I'm going to sound super silly - and usually can figure this stuff out - so feeling frustrated with myself.  Looking at Preferences, where is hardware accelleration, I expected to find it under general or file handling tabs but honestly am sure it's right in front of my face and am just blind this morning.  Thanks for the reply though hoping I can get it resolved and that will do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep - just missing it this morning - graphics processor disabled and it is working fine.  Wonder now if it is that my graphics process can't hang with the new LR (my computer isn't ancient but isn't super new either so possibly that's the issue).  Thanks Adventurism‌ for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is a GPU related issue. Please update your GPU drivers from the manufacturers website.

In the mean while, disabling "Use Graphics Processor" (Preferences > Performance), should help load the Develop module.

For more details, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom GPU FAQ

~ Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2016 Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its under Edit > Preferences > Performance, deselect the option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - that did the trick for me.  Sucks - I was really looking forward to the 'speed' difference from being able to use that.  I'll have to try updating the driver for my graphics card to see if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me. I was going crazy trying to fix this. Thank you very much for sharing your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off the GPU thing worked for me as well. I updated the drivers (GTX 980) and it did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! THNX!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M... I believe with latest driver. (I will turn off GPU in the meantime, thx.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just going to add my two cents.

I was having the same issue until I closed my MSI Afterburner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chumyster, this was driving me crazy. Turning off Afterburner did the trick. xfire 280x here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I ran into as well. Good idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:    Go to Edit; Preferences and UN-Select "Use Graphics Processor",

This also works in Photoshop if you get the same Blue Graphic in "Camera Raw"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines