• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a flash map and table on my website that needs updating. I can locate the SWF files but not the FLA files and the original programmer is not available. Several programmers tell me that my only option is tho start over. Thoughts?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a flash map and table on my website that needs updating.  I can locate the SWF files but not the FLA files and the original programmer is not available.  Several programmers tell me that my only option is tho start over.  Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't have the source files, most likely you'll have to start over. But there is Software out there that could help you decompile an swf, and return it to a fla. I have used Sothink SWF Decompiler in the past to retrieve some sounds from an swf, and it worked.

Be WARNED, though, that decompiling is not guaranteed to result in an intact fla file. Some things will probably be missing, but it's a good way to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam -- Thank you -- very helpful.  Might you be in a position to work on this via your referenced program: Sothink SWF Decompiler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean exactly? Could you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just curious as to whether you would be in a position to take this on as a programming task -- for a fee.  The link is: www.harrellassociates.com/routemap.asp  Some of the airlines and routes are out of date.  If so, I suggest we discuss off-line.  I can be reached at 212-358-1709. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines