• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why was my question locked?

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several days of waiting for a response to my question, I received a question to my question.

Is active x filtering activated? The answer is no. but before I had a chance to reply to the question my question was 'locked'.

What does that mean and why was it done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Hello Maria;

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I was not aware of the rules of this forum because I

never had to use it before.

I have been installing and updating Adobe products from the Adobe.com website since 1998,

but this is the first time I had any problem that I could not resolve alone.

I guess I just got too impatient for a reply.

Sincerely and best regards,

Dake

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dake,

You have posted essentially the same issue 3 times:

This results in people responding to you in three different places, which is not necessary and creates confusion.  The person who locked your  Why am I having so much trouble installing Flash Player 17?‌ post clearly states why it was locked...because they responded to your question in a different thread (for the same issue).  I've also locked your Apparently Flash Player is installed on my Windows 7 64-bit computer. Or at least the Adobe identifi... thread and referenced your non-locked thread Why am I having so much trouble installing the latest version of Flash Player to use in IE?.  Please do not post the same issue multiple times as it results in the exact issue that you're facing - multiple threads on the same issue with various people helping in different places, instead of having all responses in one location.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria;

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I was not aware of the rules of this forum because I

never had to use it before.

I have been installing and updating Adobe products from the Adobe.com website since 1998,

but this is the first time I had any problem that I could not resolve alone.

I guess I just got too impatient for a reply.

Sincerely and best regards,

Dake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dake,

It's not a hard and fast rule, but it is standard procedure, and courtesy, on various forums.  At least any forum I've been to.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Maria.

If you unlocked my post, I really and sincerely appreciate it. I still cannot get Flash Player to run even though I believe it is installed.

Thanks;

Dake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dake,

One of your posts, Why am I having so much trouble installing the latest version of Flash Player to use in IE?, is still unlocked.  Let's keep all the posts there.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes mam, you got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria;

I don't know but it seems that no one is going to help me with my post.

I can't even find it anymore on the Adobe website.

Also I have searched on the website for similar posts, by others, that have been answered

and resolved. But I cannot find any.

Can you perhaps point me to a post the same as mine so I can use Flash Player

in Internet Explorer 11 again?

Thanks;

Dake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines