• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp HTML 5 Word 2002 Import problem

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm obviously a beginner and this is very basic but it's driving me crazy. Importing Word documents no longer works. I'm using Robohelp HTML 5 - Webhelp project, Windows XP, Office XP (Word 2002). Last month, importing a Word document worked fine (well after I cleaned up everything in Word first). NOW when I try to import a Word doc (with preserved headers, auto creating styles OR with nothing checked) I get a dialog box warning that says "Microsoft Word seems to not be responding. Would you like to continue waiting for a response?" Of course it never gets out of that loop. Word opens with a blank Document1 and "Converting *.doc" shows in the task bar. It doesn't lock up but it doesn't finish importing either.

I've now reinstalled MS Office twice and Robohelp 4 times (I forgot to disable virus protection once, I didn't edit the RegEdit file first, and even tried with DSL modem turned off once.) Unfortunately I've done a few things since it did work properly. I've upgraded the RAM in my computer and I've obtained high speed DSL internet (yea!) ... neither of which should have caused problems. I'm not so sure about the adding of a Workgroup and trying unsuccessfully to set up a wireless network in-house for a laptop. And then ... drumroll ... there is the Pando thing. No programs installed but music and movies downloaded. I haven't uninstalled Pando because I believe it was working properly afterwards but not positive.

Sorry to write a book. I've read countless posts but not finding what I need. Hope someone can help because I'm the only one in my very small company using Robohelp or trying to and I have no one to ask. Adobe won't support 2 versions back and from what I've read about Robohelp 7, I'm scared to upgrade. I appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Debbie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007
No, it's important RH is installed last.

Where is the Normal template for Word installed?

It's important Word is run once after installation before attempting to work with RH.

It shouldn't affect an import but change Word's security settings to Medium rather than the default of high.

Is the Word installation a standard install to your PC, nothing unusual?

Tell us more about Pando and why you think that might be relevant.

What Firewall are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

1] Are there any networks involved here? Is your project or the document being imported on a network?

2] Have you tried importing a document that you have previously imported successfully? (Import it into a new project)

3] Try splitting the document to be imported into two and then import the two halves. If one half imports and the other does not, then repeat that process with the troublesome half.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding! No network involved, everything on one computer.
I had only imported two documents previously. Neither will import now. Not even a Word document with only one sentence and no headers or footers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is time to follow the adice in this article. I suspect that with all the uninstalls that something has not been cleaned up properly and this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next thing to question is whether you installed RH using your logon and with admin rights attached?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Peter, I did install with my logon and admin rights.

Thanks Colum for responding. I have followed that article while uninstalling and reinstalling. I didn't find that article until I had done it a couple of times first and not all of the registry keys were actually there but I deleted the ones that were.

I started off trying a "repair" of MS Office but finally did a complete reinstall and then a reinstall of Robohelp. Would it have helped to do Robohelp first?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's important RH is installed last.

Where is the Normal template for Word installed?

It's important Word is run once after installation before attempting to work with RH.

It shouldn't affect an import but change Word's security settings to Medium rather than the default of high.

Is the Word installation a standard install to your PC, nothing unusual?

Tell us more about Pando and why you think that might be relevant.

What Firewall are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been installing Word first and opening one file in Word then shutting it down and installing Robohelp. I did a complete install of Word and Office - nothing custom. The normal.dot file is in the default location of C:\Documents and Settings\Debbie\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
I just changed the Word security to medium ... it was on high.
I'm using Norton AntiVirus (Norton Protection Center) ... just standard install on that too.
I'm in the process of deleting Pando (and other seldom used programs.) I really don't think Pando would affect it but I'm always leery of free programs and it was the only program I installed since the Word import feature was working.
I really appreciate your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at Print Issues on my site, look at the first item under Other Issues.

I know it is all about generating printed documentation rather than importing but it could be related.

Also throw "robohelp norton issues" at Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Guys! It seems to be working now. I'm don't know why. I have been rebooting and testing after each uninstall and the only thing I had deleted was Office XP Media (not even Pando yet.)

I also changed the security setting but I've tried it afterwards on both high and medium and it still imports. Heavy sigh. And yes Peter, I will still look at your site.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp