• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a screen capture instead of webcam with Adobe Presenter?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in the ability to replace the video of the presenter with a screen capture using Adobe Presenter.  Basically, instead of having my ugly mug up there I would like replace it with screen capture of a calculator emulator.  So for example, I could be doing a presentation on the Pythagorean Theorem with my slide showing the equation and a nice triangle in full screen mode.  Then I would like to bring in (instead of webcam video of me) a screen capture of a calculator emulator that demonstrates solving the equation while the original slide is still displayed (just reduced in size).  I realize that I could record the calculator steps separately and then bring them in later, but given a large number of math problems to cover, it would be far more efficient to be able to do it in real time while recording the presentation.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Jim

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Record button in the Video section of the Presenter ribbon. It will launch the Adobe Presenter Video Express tool which records both your webcam and desktop (unless you tell it to just record your desktop) and you can then edit the capture together to show your webcam, desktop or both with some other nice editing functions as well.

Presenter Video Record.JPG

I know this video says for Mac, but Adobe Presenter Video Express is all that there is for Presenter for Mac. The functionality is the same as what you get with this workflow on the PC. Adobe Presenter Video Express for MAC | New in Adobe Presenter 10 | Adobe TV This should give you the general idea of how to get what you want.

If you want to use the Application Simulation function to work, you will need Captivate installed on the same computer as Presenter, as it just reaches out to it to do the screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, but what you suggest is not what I am trying to accomplish. I do not want the video feed from the webcam, I would like to replace the video feed that would come from the webcam with screen capture video feed of my calculator emulator.

I also have looked into using application simulation and embedded apps in PowerPoint.  The issue here is that I have complex problems that span multiple slides.  So I am looking to be able to have the calculator stay on the screen (like the webcam feed) for multiple slides as I work a problem.  Once the problem is finished I then could go back just to the presentation feed as you suggest.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

James Nelson wrote:

I am interested in the ability to replace the video of the presenter with a screen capture using Adobe Presenter.  Basically, instead of having my ugly mug up there I would like replace it with screen capture of a calculator emulator.

This is exactly what the Adobe Presenter Video Express (APVE) tool is built to do. You can disable the capturing of your web cam in the APVE tool or just push it to the background so it isn't seen, and all that is displayed is your screen capture.

Presenter doesn't really provide the ability to have video go across multiple slides, so you would have to capture the video for each slide separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources