• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connection Error trying to download adobe flash player

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i tried to download the adobe flash player and keep getting an error message ''connection error" and it wont download i have windows xp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shawn56352753,

We have a few different installer files.  To better assist you please provide the name of the file you are using to install Flash Player.  Also, what is the OS (and version) you are using?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I have the same problem:error message ''connection error". File is <flashplayer17_go_install.exe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to down load my Adobe Design and Web premium CS6 on to MAC OSX 10.8 stat up HD as stand alone version not CC !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chinju3458,

This is the Installing Flash Player forums, not the Design and Web Premium forums.  I don't work on those products, but since CS6 has been replaced with CC I think there's only the CC forums now. I would start with Downloading, Installing, Setting Up.  Another option I found was Web design.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M Vargas,

I don.t want down load as CC version. I want to us it on stand alone version as it is what I bought it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chinju3458,

I understand what you want to do.  Unfortunately, this isn't the forum for it.  The staff on this forum have Flash Player expertise, not CS6 expertise. Other users who visit this forum either have Install Flash Player issues or are helping other users with Flash Player issues.  The users of this thread aren't the best folks to assist you.  The closest product forum to your issue is the CC install forum, not Flash Player forum.  The installers for both products are completely different.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give a helpful reply to those who arnt using CS6.

Please respond to the poster who said he was getting "connection error" using the flashplayer17_go_install.exe installer.

And i get "connection error" at 5% using flashplayer17_ha_install.exe installer with XP.

Helpful replies please adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shawn56352753, donan43189950‌, and as43286589

I apologize for not branching the CS6 post to a new thread.  Normally we would move issues like this to the appropriate forum, but I wasn't sure of the appropriate form and wrongly assumed the OP would have posted to one of the more appropriate forums instead of posting back here.  Next time I'll do the right thing and branch out the off-topic post.

You're using the online installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  The 'connection error' message usually means a connection is too slow and the background downloading of the Flash Player installer is failing.  I've seen several posts on this issue over the last few days and we'd like to clearly identify this issue. 

To accurately identify the issue, and help us improve the online installer experience, we would really appreciate it if you could do the following for us:

1. Perform a speed test on your internet connection.  There are a myriad of sites that do this, for example, www.speedtest.net, www.speakeasy.net/speedtest, www.dslreports.com/speedtest, and your internet provider may also have a page in their support/help section to do a speedtest.
  2. Create an empty text file in your %TEMP% directory named ADM.trace
    • On Windows XP the TEMP directory is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\Your_User_Name\Local Settings\Temp
    • On Vista and above the TEMP directory is usually located at C:\Users\Your_User_Name\Temp
  3. Run the online installer again and wait for the connection error.  After getting the error, close
  4. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Adobe_ADMLogs directory inside the TEMP directory
  5. Upload the two log files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) using the instructions posted here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1408375
  6. Reply back to this thread with the results of the download speed test and the URL to the uploaded log files.

In the mean time, the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section should work for you.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi as18853181,

Thank you for providing the speed test results and the log file.  What is the OS and browser (including version) that you are using to download the installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

im having the exact same problem,

i found my speed is 3.6

im on windows xp

newest firefox

i had trouble creating temp file as when i went into my user name i have no local settings or temp

im going a bit stir crazy as been tring this now for two days.

my fb vids and youtube work fine. i need the flash for an online course im doing and cant continue as the videos say not supported so i asked the coolafe and they said i need flash player.

please help. im not great with computer jargon

thank you lyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pinklyn38,

Do you have a Service Pack installed on your XP system?  If so, which one?  You can obtain this by doing the following:

1. Select Start > right-click on My Computer > Properties
    Untitled.jpg
  2. This will display the System Properties, which will display what Service Pack version, if any, is installed

Untitled1.jpg

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem try Flash Player install problem‌ it may help.

If it still does not work and your on XP SP2 or lower the installer will fail to get main download file. Confirm this by entering  "%temp%\Adobe_ADMLogs" in windows explorer and look in "Adobe_GDE.log" and at the last error that looks like:

The file to be downloaded is https://fpdownload...

The windows error code is - 12175

Will tell you the file that is not downloading. If you put full URL that is in the log  in the Firefox browser and download and run that file it will update flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Johnny Quest,

Please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problem's section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines