• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing the PDF option with Robohelp 7

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install Robohelp 7 you are presented with an option to install a PDF creation option along with it.

Every time I try to do this the installation fails with a message that says the installer found a more current product installed, and hence will abort the installation. The problem is that I have no idea what this more current product is, and how to remove it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess it has found a compatible version of Acrobat.

If so, don't remove it. RH will install itself to work with that instead and it has more functionality than the PDF program that ships with RH.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the problem is deeper. RH will not print PDFs correctly. That is why I going through this exercise. On my prior computer I installed Acrobat 5, then upgraded to Acrobat 7. This worked well. However, after installing Acrobat 5 on this computer, I cannot run the Acrobat 7 upgrade. I get the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen situations in which Adobe Reader caused an installation conflict.

Imagine that a user installs Adobe Acrobat 5 when it is released. Then, version 6 is released. The user sees no need to upgrade Acrobat but does install Reader 6. Version 7 is released. The user upgrades the Reader but not Acrobat. Version 8 is released. The user upgrades the Reader but not Acrobat. Later, the user is offered a copy of legimate upgrade of Acrobat 7. The user attempts to install it. The installer sees Reader 8 and halts the installation. (I suspect that the problem is related to Acrobat and Reader being developed from the same codebase long ago.)

On several occassions, I have encountered this issue and successfully resolved it by using the following method. Uninstall Reader; start with highest version number and work backward to lowest. Reboot. Uninstall Acrobat; start with highest version number and work backward to lowest. Reboot. Install Acrobat; install latest full version first, then install updates (start with lowest numbered update and work forward to highest). Reboot. Install Reader; install latest full version, then install updates (start with lowest numbered update and work forward to highest). Reboot.

This is a time-consuming process, but it has always worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7 will not install its built in PDF program if it finds any version of Acrobat. If the version is an incompatible one, the options are to remove it and use the built in version, or deselect the PDF option. What you then have to do is create the Word document and use Acrobat from there.

Now you have a compatible version so you won't want to go that route but you have to get that version installed first. You will need to get to the bottom of that first, either through Adobe support of the Acrobat forum.

The fact that the Acrobat upgrade is telling you there is a more current version of that installed makes me wonder if somehow in installing RH, you have confused the Acrobat install. This could be a tricky one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks to be a very useful post. I hope you won't mind me adding it to my site (with credit to yourself)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're asking about my post, yes, you may add it to your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry, should have included your username Gunslinger. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp