• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_NOT_READY

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open a book in adobe digital editions.  A window comes up with the message " Error getting License. License Serve Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY"  It will not allow me to erase the authorization.  It tells me to try again later.  Is this because Adobe's server are down or having maintenance performed?  Any other suggestions to get this book to open?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and have tried everything.  I even chatted online with an agent and they couldn't help me.  I am not sure what to do either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I am in the same spot.  I find it frustrating and unacceptable that this is Adobe's only available "support".  If I figure anything out I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this will help you.  I found a way to get into the book I needed. Unfortunately, it is not a fix for my computer.  I have a new macbook pro.  I went on my dad's pc and downloaded by book into his adobe digital edition.  It opened up just fine on his.  So I don't know if the glitch is with adobe and mac.  I still cannot open the book on my mac.  Now that we are able to open the book I am going to try to convert it to an ePub or a pdf so I can then read it on my computer or iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a mac too. I am sure that is what the issue is, unfortunately no one seems to know how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this problem, you need to deauthorize and authorize ADE again.

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

If due to some reason, you are unable to deauthorize ADE [error to try after some time], follow the below steps:

Mac:

1. Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

2. Type   ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Windows:

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.

In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Your authorization will be deleted.

ADE will be deauthorized now.

Now Authorize ADE again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do what you suggested (I have an iMac) and it did not work, I've authorized and reauthorized numerous times with no luck.  I have also tried ADE version 2, 3 & 4 and none of the versions work, I cannot open the library books I want to access.  Does anyone else have any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.114137

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

and try to open your books

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot find ADE 4.0.3.117585

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SOOOOO much. I have been working on this problem for 3 straight hours and your post was the only thing that fixed it. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SO much for the fix. I had to delete the dat file manually, and I had to restart ADE before the deactivation "took", but that fixed the problem instantly. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked like a charm and I was able to deauthorize and reauthorize using my MacBook Pro. Thank you! Unfortunately, I get a new error message communication message E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to download the book again !

Hope this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the secret, reload the book! It worked fine, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on this all day, on my MacBookPro with Retina Screen and this solution worked! Thank you very much!

For me, the trick was your instruction to go to the Go To Folder in the Go menu of Finder - I had not been able to find it in my applications folder or elsewhere, so deleting the app and reinstalling it did not work.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  Lots of thank yous. Deactivating by using the "Go to" step saved my sanity and helped more than I can say.  Wherever you work, you are underpaid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A million thank yous!! life saver!!:-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Someone in an earlier thread did not have the complete: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

so I couldn't find it earlier. Went to finder>Go>Gotofolder to type that in. Then Adobe> Digital Editions to remove the dat file. was finally able  to deauthorize so that I could reauthorize and after 4 1/2 hours of working on this, download & transfer the books to my reader. Not sure if it matters, but I'm on a mac using Sierra OS (10.12.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am obtainimg the same error message when trying to associate my PC with my Adobe ID.

Will chat with Adobe support team to see if they can be of assistance.

Clearly, Adobe support does everything  to discourage us from contacting them directly.

Poor Customer service philosophy!

PS: Have already deinstalled and reinstalled ADE to no avail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download the latest ADE 4.0.3.117585

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions/download.html

Launch ADE

Help -> Erase authorization.

ADE will be deauhorized.

Now again AUTHORIZE ADE

Help-> authorize computer.

Error will be fixed !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2016 Apr 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'regedit' worked for me. My wife's happy as I can now transfer her new books to her Nook. However, shouldn't "De_Authorising" be made much more accessible?

Seems silly to me that you have to go to Community forums to find out the answers. My wife does not use computers and would never have found the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines