• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitive Help for RH X5

Nov 26, 2007 Nov 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have prepared a RH help content for a .Net application. Now the client has asked for a Context Sensitive Help for the same.

When I googled for help, I got this:

Context Sensitive Help for Web Apps

Honestly, this method prescribed here seemed too simple. Has anyone tried this? Is the info provided here sufficient?

If not, can u please tell me what else needs to be done?

Regards
Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't tried to follow John's instructions as calling the help is dealt with by our developers. However I am sure John's article would cover all you need to know about calling the help using Map IDs.

You can also call the help using URLs and that method is described on my site.

Map IDs mean your developers have control over the window used whereas URLs do not. URLs may be simpler to set up. Your call.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Whatever...
I wrote that article when RoboHelp X5 was the latest and greatest. I still use it today with RoboHelp 6 and the now 7. The only thing added was a free .NET API (code samples and examples) which you will find in the following folder if you download the Trial of RH 7. You will find it along this path on the computer where your RoboHelp authoring client is installed.
C:\Program Files\Adobe RoboHelp 7\CSH API\RoboHelp.NET
The information and documentation may be helpful for your developers whether they use it or not.

As Peter mentions. Many developers do not use the WebHelp API as described in the article. Instead they "roll their own" code using coding methods familiar to them. It really is quite simple because at the heart of the matter you are just calling a simple URL.

Thanx
John
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I visited Peter's website and discussed the methods given there with my developer. We will probably be using Map ID approach. I created Map IDs and gave the file to him. Hopefully, things should work out now. I will update you guys in any case.

John, I tried to download the Robohelp Trial version. However, it is too huge...Can you please tell me the specific advantages it offers w.r.t my requirement? Is it worth the download time and effort (installation of a s/w goes thru 2-3 rounds stages of justifications and approvals in our organization)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. The Map IDs work for me because I like to define the windows they will appear in.
You DEFINITELY want to upgrade. It is a major, major upgrade and you won't regret it.
Hey, what's 246 MBs these days
For the trial, you can skip installing the RoboSource Control if you're concerned about space.
Thanx
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There's an article on my site that sets out what is new in RH7. Perhaps that will help. There's also a link to John's Reviewer's Guide which is more comprehensive.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp