Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Upgrade

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Is there any documentation I can read to provide my IT department regarding upgrading through a server.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Natalee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007
Thank you all for your help on this matter.
We are presently using RoboEngine....so therefore my question has been answered in Johns response.
I thank you all for your help on this matter.

Cheers Natalee

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

What do you mean by "upgrading through a server"?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it would help to be a little more specific....sorry about that.
At this time we post our Robohelp program through our internet. We are now using v5 and want to upgrade to v7.
I am assuming that the upgrade will have to be done through the server end with our IT department.....and I was hoping that there would be some documentation to provide them.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Peter is sleeping in UK right now, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think the question here is whether you and your team are publishing your RoboHelp project to a RoboHelp Server or a "regular" server. If it is a regular web server, then there is nothing special that needs to be done on the server side of things and no upgrading is necessary on that end.

However, if you are publishing to a RoboHelp Server, then it definitely would make a difference! If the IT team is using an older version of RoboHelp Server (also called RoboEngine), then that software would also have to be upgraded to version 7 as well.

If that is the case, here is some documentation for setting up RoboHelp Server.
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelpServer/7.0/

Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually IMO it sounds like Jusnatters is saying that the RH program itself (not a generated help output) had been installed on a common server location.....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kathy313. That's a good point.
However, I would hope Natalee is able to install the RoboHelp authoring app and her source material on her local hard drive and not try to run it from a server because that can lead to everything from sluggish performance to file corruption.

Hmm. Unless she's running RoboHelp through some kind of Remote Services or terminal server? Or, perhaps the IT department will install RoboHelp remotely to her desktop from a server location? The plot thickens...
Guess we'll just have to hear from her.
Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or is she talking about the new remote installation? I think that is only an option with an Enterprise (?) version.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you all for your help on this matter.
We are presently using RoboEngine....so therefore my question has been answered in Johns response.
I thank you all for your help on this matter.

Cheers Natalee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp