• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert document/s to sharepoint aspx pages without navigation frame

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp to convert MS Word documents to SharePoint ASpx pages. It works well in relation to the conversion of documents and graphics, but my issue is that I do not want to use the Robohelp help frame (toc/index/search etc), I just want the basic apsx pages and their associated images that were embedded/ now linked.

How can I turn off the frame feature?

Thanks

Simone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately there is no simple way to say "turn off the frame". But that doesn't mean you can't have what you want. What I would do is create folders for my content. Get it all linked up as I want. Then copy only the output folders that have your content.

Although it does beg the question of why you are even using RoboHelp if you don't want to use the nice things it provides, such as TOC, Index and whatnot. It's a bit like purchasing a Ferrari just to drive a block away to the church.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that. The only issue is that there are hooks in each page which prompt to start the frame around it. So I can open any page and it will always open the frame.

I want to use this as we are using Sharepoint, and this is one of the few, and I mean few, programs which convert a MS Word document and its images, and links, to sharepoint aspx format, and allows for an easy export into sharepoint.

It allows us to keep converting the documents, once they have been updated by users, and reconvert them into ASPX pages. Yes, you can update ASPX pages, but not all users want to update them, their skill set is MS Word.

I was hoping there would be a simple way of just turning it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

You said:

The only issue is that there are hooks in each page which prompt to start the frame around it.

I'm guessing you mean that each page has a link in the upper left corner that looks like this?

tmp1.png

If you want to banish that little annoying link, edit the Single Source Layout recipe card. Double-click the layout, then click the Navigation section on the left side of the dialog. Clear the option labeled "Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics" and generate the output again.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that.

i've found that one of the best ways is the xml output - as it takes on the sharepiont screens ccs template. But the only way to view the output is via creating a sharepoint page and using the xml rollup to view the output, which then breaks the internal links across pages. Also, the images folder doesn't seem to connect, and you need to move it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp