• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp displays a blank browser in the back

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeting to everyone! This is my first topic and I hopy you can help me with an issue.

After migrating from RoboHelp 6 to 10, I started having this issue when invoking the help system... Happens in Windows 7 and Windows server 2012.

How to get rid of that blank browser in the back?

Thanks a lot!

blank window.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

The format for your call is rather told, the >>java part was deprecated in RH8. Use >>newwnd=false instead and it should work.

For a complete overview of your options, please see http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/part/regular-start-page

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What method are you using to invoke the CSH from within the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with coding and methods but this is what the code uses, does it help?

"file://C:/Program Files (x86)/Coriant/TNMS/client/help/app/bicnet_webhelp.htm#<cmd=toc>>java=true"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it acting like this before or is this a new behaviour? Did the developers change the method they use to call your help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine if I generate it with the old RH6 and dev didn't change anything...

In RoboHelp 6 I have the option DHTML > Java Applet > Pure HTML. In RoboHelp 10 this option not there. Is it related?

Below the RH 6 Options screenshot:

RH6_Options.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the program written in Java? Or is it using the Java launcher for CSH? How are you setting this option in RH10 – the DHTML > Pure HTML option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What you are seeing is called a "fall back". In RH 6, the sniffer code would try and sense if DHTML was an option with whatever browser was being used to present the help. And if so, you saw the DHTML version. But if not, then it might try to present things using a Java Applet. And if all else failed, Pure HTML was what would be used.

Recent versions of RoboHelp removed the middle tier of Java Applet.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is written in Java and I'm setting the option in RH10 as – DHTML > Pure HTML option?

RH10_Options.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format for your call is rather told, the >>java part was deprecated in RH8. Use >>newwnd=false instead and it should work.

For a complete overview of your options, please see http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/part/regular-start-page

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!

I edited the whcsh_home.htm and set the var newwnd to false in my RH project. Now the generated output opens a single window and everything else is fine. Didn't even had to ask the dev team to change the code.

Problem solved, thanks guys!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just want to say thanks!!! Your solution works for me 2!!! This blank page issue has been killing me for more than a week, now I'm so relieved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp