• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Lightroom from opening automatically

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2007 Feb 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows XP, Lightroom opens automatically whenever I put in a USB Flash drive. Anyone know how to stop this from happening? I have checked settings and have told it to do nothing when a memory card is detected and tried resetting the drive settings of the flash drive. Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the Adobe Downloader app. It is probably calling LR. It can cause a scanner turn on to cll LR, as well.

Don
MVC! Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo Core, Pentax *ist D
http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few threads about this Downloader app. It sounds like Adobe needs to offer better options for the use of it, or non use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2007 Feb 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I noticed it pop up once and remembered seeing it on others computers. I have never used it. It has stopped doing it for now and at least I know where to check in future if it comes up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how I stopped Adobe Photo Downloader from launching at Windows startup. You can use any system configuration editor that allows you to change the startup items. There are many of these tweaking programs on the market. Check out this web site for a bunch of freeware & shareware utilities: MajorGeeks dot com and click on <i>All In One Tools</i>. Or you can do it the old fashion way as follows: <br /> <ol> <li style="list-style: none"> <br /></li> <li>Start; Run and type: msconfig. The click OK.</li> <li style="list-style: none"> <br /></li> <li>The System Configuration Utility will open.</li> <li style="list-style: none"> <br /></li> <li>Click on the Startup tab.</li> <li style="list-style: none"> <br /></li> <li>Uncheck the Startup Item named: apdproxy</li> <li style="list-style: none"> <br /></li> <li>Click ok & reboot. The Adobe Photo Downloader will not start again.</li> <li style="list-style: none"> <br /></li> <li>After reboot you may get a message saying that you have made changes to the System Configuration. Simply check the box that says <i>Dont show this message again</i> and click OK.</li> <li style="list-style: none"> <br /> </li> </ol> <p /></p> <br />If you do not want to permanently remove Adobe Photo Downloader from starting up, then right-click on the icon in the System Tray and select disable. <p></p> <br />Adobe should put a simple check box in the preferences of Lightroom to allow the user to enable or disable this feature. <p> <br />Keywords (for forum searches): Adobe Lightroom starts automatically. Photo downloader starts automatically. Lightroom automatically opens. Lightroom opens automatically.</p>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an Adobe downloader icon (a camera) in your system tray. Just click on it and select "disable". That is the easy way. If you don't want the icon in your system tray go to Start/Run and type in msconfig. Then open up the Startup menu and uncheck "apdproxy".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I knew it was something simple and I'd wondered what apdproxy was sitting in my taskmanager. Let hope THEY put a tickbox in the startup as its a pain.
Mind you if Microsoft made it easier for me to network my laptop ( vista ) and desktop ( XP )...... No need for flash drives several times a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked all over for the answer and finally found it on my own. Hope the following helps.

With LR open, goto edit-preferences then uner general tab near themiddle there is a box that contains import options. Uncheck "Show import dialogue when a memory card is detected"

LR pref.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking "Show import dialoge when a memory card is detected" also stops LR4 from auto-starting (in Windows 7) when my external hard drives come on line at startup. Thanks, that was a big help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2015 Jan 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem! Thanks heaps skline2518!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Did you have to restart to get it to work, as it has not worked for me?

Am W7Pro64 CC2014 and it is really getting annoying now!

USB drive used to transfer files all the time!

Tris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! It has not worked for me either. I even uninstalled and reinstalled LR CC. Really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sharadaprasad wrote:

I agree! It has not worked for me either. I even uninstalled and reinstalled LR CC. Really annoying!

I think you would be best to start a fresh thread detailing what is happening and your system.

Lightroom and OS's have changed markedly since 2007...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines