• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple search results

Nov 27, 2007 Nov 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm working with a project that was converted from winhelp to HTML. I have a main project that contains 5 merged subprojects, one of which is the glossary. I used to be able to create popups using the remote glossary definitions with winhelp, but I could not figure out how to do that with HTML. My solution was to create the definitions needed in each project and then create the popups with them. I still have the general glossary, and it is merged in the TOC of the main project.

Our QA department reported some strange behavior. The search is returning 2 or sometimes 3 results. As far as the definitions go, I can understand the duplicate results: one is the definition from the glossary, and the other is the definition I recreated within the project to be able to create the popup. The really strange behavior comes from searching for Glossary. This produces three results, two of which link to the glossary in the TOC (why two here, I don't know) and the other brings up and Internet Explorer Script Error dialog box that shows URL: mk:@MSITStore:C:\WINDOWS\Help\glossary.chm::/glossary_pro.htm. Why or how did the glossary from WINDOWS show up in the search results within my project? To add to the confusion, this does not happen on my machine.

I'm using RoboHelp HTML 6, and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer. You can use the Tools > Glossary Hotspot Editor menu item to add glossary popups to your topics. Just add your glossary definitions first in the Glossary tab. I'd try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thanks for the response. I did as you suggested and added glossary definitions and then ran the glossary wizard to assign them. I removed all references to the old glossary from both the main and subprojects (TOC, Index, Baggage, output folders, etc). I generated the main project, and then searched for glossary. I got two results, both of which link to the Window's glossary and a Runtime Error asking me if I want to Debug. Any ideas?

I cannot find the Glossary Hotspot Editor you mention in your response. I only see the Glossary Hotspot Wizard or the Browse Sequence Editor. I'm not convinced with the results, since I prefer a popup over expanding text, and I could format my old popups with returns and bullets. However, my boss says that if the wizard takes care of the problem, then that is what we will use, but so far it hasn't.

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry to mislead you Jennifer the Glossary Hotspot Wizard was what I was referring to. I don't use it actually and I know others - like you - don't like the results so adopt other methods of providing the glossary.
Do you have duplicate definitions in any of the sub-projects. Perhaps you could handle this by having all the definitions in one project (e.g. the master) and linking to them via the "Remote Topic" feature. Another way would be by using text only popups but this would mean having to update all the popups if a definition changed so I wouldn't personally go down this line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp