• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Login Security

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have an index page at the root level of my site that loads in the login.cfm which is in a secure folder (SSL) does that mean that any login information is transmitted securely? If not how can I do this? Thanks
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As long as the page and subsequent function scripts are running in an SSL layer (HTTPS), yes the connection between browser and server is encrypted.

There are different levels of encryption, so depending on the level the connection is either pretty secure - to - really good security.

Make sure the page can not be accessed without SSL (HTTP) however, before releasing it to the general public.

also, make sure that no pages can be loaded from beyond the login page w/o login or SSL either, otherwise you are only secure in connection, and not in actual content provision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation