• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am using Mac OS X 10.9.5 and am unable to download flash player online or offline because it opens the file in an application that cannot read it

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first it would open it in an application called MatLab (default), which I deleted just so I could try to download it. Then it tried to open the download file in TextEdit (the new default after deleting matlab). I do not know which application to open the download file in or how to change the application it is opened with. please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the below link :

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Step 1: select Mac OS  X 10.6-`0.`0

Step 2 : Safari and FIrefox

Then click on " Download Now"  button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that does not help me with my issue. I know what version to download and I can get the "AdobeFlashPlayer_17_ta_install.dmg-6.mdlp" in my download folder, however when I click on it it does not open up in the correct application to run the program/download correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is still the offline download which i can get as well, but the problem is when i double click on it then it opens in the wrong application such as text edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the confusions created hehe lol .

I see that it is getting saved in different extension by default ,as mentioned in that link , we need to edit it manually .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines