• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TRIAL version of LR6 stand alone

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need link to download TRIAL version of LR6.  I own standalone LR5.  Don't want CC.  Link to check for update embedded in LR5.7 takes user to CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Sure, here are the direct links to the standalone trial installer:

Adobe Lightroom 6/CC Direct Download Links

As Jeff mentioned, if you want LR6 instead of CC then you can follow the instructions in the link he posted to convert the free CC trial to Lightroom 6 perpetual.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got no idea about trial version, and also makes me crazy. At least I got somehow to buy it with UPGRADE price. WIthout the chance of using a trial version and TEST before buying.
It's really annoying how Adobe turns its back to the old-n-not-so-rich customers. But still customers. And paying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only trial version is Lightroom CC...you can buy the LR6 standalone version but there is not standalone trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on Jeff's answer: You can use the LR CC 2015 free trial, and if you like it, you can buy a perpetual-license serial number and convert the free trial to a standalone version.   See this help: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Serialize Lightroom CC trial to activate as Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here are the direct links to the standalone trial installer:

Adobe Lightroom 6/CC Direct Download Links

As Jeff mentioned, if you want LR6 instead of CC then you can follow the instructions in the link he posted to convert the free CC trial to Lightroom 6 perpetual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Lr6 standalone for $79. It automatically comes with CC trial . To remove the CC trial so you can have just your Lr6 requires a process. If I find it again, I'll post it, but I'm sure someone will have that posted soon. It's a pain and I think Adobe makes it a pain because they want us to buy the full Lr6 CC Version. 

If anyone here knows how to uninstall and reinstall the Lr6 standalone, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rosanna, it's actually the same program and you don't need to uninstall or reinstall anything.  It's just that licensing and branding changes for the software you already have installed...

The process to convert Lightroom CC to Lightroom 6 is here:

Serialize Lightroom CC trial to activate as Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‌ have already gone through that process of Serializing. The reason I have to uninstall an reinstall is that something went wrong during installation. That's already been confirmed. I can't find any sites that explain how to uninstall/reinstall Lr6 standalone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, typically you would just use your operating system's uninstall command, reboot your machine, and then reinstall the program from scratch.

You could try that, and also add in the use of the Adobe Cleaner Tool if you like:

Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

It works for Lightroom as well, and makes sure to remove all traces of an installation.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I would have to go through the Serialization after reinstall it?

Thanks so much! I hope this works too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rosanna wrote:

So I would have to go through the Serialization after reinstall it?

Yes, that's right - because the program always starts off as Lightroom CC until you convert it to LR6.

Good luck and please post back and let us know how you make out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you TONZ!!!

Now, I have to go through the process of retriving my download link as I wasn't given one at point of purchase. That's what I think caused this whole mess. Prayfully, I'll find it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Rosanna, happy to help - and to download the installer, you can always just use the LR6 direct links that were posted at the top of this thread...  Those will work no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after going through the process of all the tech-support through chats, retrieving yet another download link, uninstalling and reinstalling, viewing my photos that still look dull and darker than originally edited, having Lr 6 crash 5 times yesterday ... I'm done. I'm getting a refund today. Maybe I'll purchase again down the line after Adobe smooths out the snags. For those who helped me out, thank you so much.  I appreciate the comments and the instructions.  Au revoir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines