• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording on two seperate devices

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into a confusing request. What do you do when you need to record a program that runs simultaneously on two seperate devices (PCs). Has anyone ever come across this? I'm just trying to figure out an effective way of showing both PCs...
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi uridiscence

I suppose in that case I might resort to screen captures of each device. Then fashion them perhaps inside two images of monitors, so the illusion is that I have captured this?

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I thought about doing a split screen within each slide of Captivate, but I wasn't sure if I could even do that or if it would be confusing to the learners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW - The way I think I would tackle this would be to capture the screens on two separate PCs, keep them on separate slides and include a computer 1 and computer 2 cue (voice -over or icon) on each of the slides. Something else I might also do is change the theme on the second PC so that it was easier to distinguish between the two workstations.

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you're just trying to let the user see the difference, another thought is to keep the Windows theme the same on both workstations and show the screenshot from Computer A as the slide background and show the screenshot from Computer B as a rollover image.

This lets the user do an A/B comparison as many times as it takes to get all the differences. You can even add callouts to the computer B image to highlight the changed items. Assuming the two screens are similar with the same dimensions, it can be very effective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources