• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash accidentally got uninstalled from my pc laptop (Chrome), and now won't even load websites so I can't download it. Can I copy it from my desktop? Or how do I get it back onto my laptop?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash accidentally got uninstalled from my pc laptop (Chrome), and now it won't even load websites so I can't download it.  Can I copy it from my desktop?  Or how do I get it back onto my laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using a PC with Windows, click on START and then click on All Programs - You should be able to find Internet Explorer in the list.

Use Internet Explorer to reinstall Chrome and Flash Player.

For Flash Player click on the following Adobe link.  Go to the bottom of the page where it says, "Still having problems?

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Chrome embeds Flash player through its updates and you cant manually uninstall / install flash player in your chrome.

Kindly update / reinstall your chrome to get the latest version of flash player in your chrome.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi micha164,

I am curious to know how did Flash Player get uninstalled from Chrome? If you can please share steps to reproduce how your Flash Plugin got Removed?

Also, Can you open chrome application Goto Chrome://plugins and See if Adobe Flash Player Plugin is Disabled? If yes, kindly enable Flash Player Plugin by clicking the [blue colored]enable link and restart the browser to see if the changes have reflected.

Because Flash Player cannot be uninstalled from Chrome using any uninstaller, as it is embedded part of the app installer/update and can only be removed if you remove the plugin reference from the location on disk. Possibility is that your plugin got disabled and did not get enabled after that.

Please see if it helps. If the above does not work then the only resolve is to update Chrome app. Please let us know if your query got resolved or not.

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines