• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why am I not able to update flash on OS X 10.10.3

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do, I am unable to update Flash Player on OS X 10.10.3. Every time it fails. This question has been asked on here before and was not resolved. This has been happening for awhile. The fact that there is not customer service number is pathetic. What do I need to do to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please post a screenshot of the issue that you are facing using How to post a screenshot in the forum so that we can assist you better.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JakeNoble,

Can you Please Answer the following questions?

• Current Version of Flash Player Installed?
  • Can you Please attach the Flash Player Install Log,
    • Can be found at location: /Users/<current_loggedIn_user>/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log
  • Finally, Post a screenshot of the Issue?

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 920georger,

17.0.0.169 currently is the Latest Version of Flash Player which is installed on your system. The log says that no error occurred while installation. It seems there's no problem and it got installed on 24th April.

For troubleshooting purposes, Can you please also attach the screenshot of the error message? Also Share ADM Trace Logs (location: ~/Librarly/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs) [How to share a document]

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I get when I try to go to the settings panel.  I can't get to the controls.Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 7.56.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is a site that is supposed to have some quizzes that use flash:

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 7.57.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 920georger,

Thank you for sharing all the information. We are looking into this Issue, Meanwhile you can uninstall existing flash player using uninstaller on Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS  and Install using offline Installer from Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling, then re-installing from the links above.  Still no success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since Safari and Firefox uses the same plugin of Flash Player so can you please check once if you are able to use flash player on your safari browser or not?

It will help us in identifying if its a browser specific issue or something else.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my!  It works!!  Here is what happened when I tried the settings page - it is working - in both firefox & safari.  I'm not sure what happened, but fantastic!

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 9.25.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing a clean install as recommended in the forums, so now I have NO version of Flash installed and STILL cannot install anything. Same thing every time. Screenshot has been posted in this tread by other user already. (Failed to install)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JakeNoble,

To troubleshoot why Flash Player is failing to install we'll need to get some install log files from you.  Please see the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? for instructions on obtaining the log files.

If you're using the offline installer (downloaded from the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac tech note) then we only need the install.log file and the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file.

If you're using the online installer (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) we need all four files listed: install.log file, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log, and Adobe_GDE.log.

The log files will be fairly large to post here in the forums, as such, please upload them using the instructions in the FAQ How to share a document and then post the link to the files here in the forums.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.  I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari - all to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 12.06.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 12.19.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 920georger,

According to the screenshots you posted you have the latest version of Flash Player installed.  What exactly is the behaviour you're observing or issues you're experiencing?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines