Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Generate Output RH5

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm new to this product and forum. I am also aware that RH5 is out of date.
This is the product my customer has and intends to use to support development of web based apps.
I'm running through the RH HTML tutorial and when I attempt to generate the final output I receive the following error messages.
Can anyone tell me how I can try to resolve this problem. I obviously do not have technical support.

Thanks
Dave

Starting compilation...
WebHelp preprocessor 13.10.606

Compiling C:\Program Files\RoboHelp Office\RoboHTML\Tutorial\Destination\!SSL!\Sales\destination.htm ...

Preparing to create WebHelp...
Clearing output folder...
Preparing files for WebHelp...
Copying files...
Updating files...
Finished preparing in 0 sec(s)

Initializing compiler...
Generating WebHelp 5.50 (13.10.606)...

Template Active Script Error: (null) [Line: 13] (null)
Template Error: can not resolve macro: RegisterResolvers

Fatal Error: Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script.
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_HOME_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: SF_HOMEPAGE_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH_HTM
Template Error: can not resolve macro: WH_CSH2_HTM
Finished compiling WebHelp in 0 sec(s)

Compilation complete.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave ane welcome to the RH community and RHX5 user club. There are still plenty of us who haven't jumped ship to RH7 yet!
Can you tell us if you get the same issue if you create a new webhelp project and compile that. If so, try creating a new webhelp SSL and use that to see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colum,
Thanks for the welcome. Glad to know I am not alone with RH5 I don't see my customer upgrading soon.
I did create a new SSL as part of the tutorial and that as well as other projects throw the same error.
My search as also uncovered a thread that seems to indicate a permissions issue with the installation. I need to engage my IT folks and see if there is some connection. I do not have full Admin rights to my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: drxmas
My search as also uncovered a thread that seems to indicate a permissions issue with the installation. I need to engage my IT folks and see if there is some connection. I do not have full Admin rights to my PC.

That would be a good place to start as you have to have full admin rights to install RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Colum is right that you must have admin rights when RH is installed. I wonder if perhaps you are using RH on your customers PC and it was installed before your login was created?

If that is the case, then RH must be uninstalled and then reinstalled with your login with those rights. I am not sure if it matters whose login is used for the uninstall.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.
I'll post what I find out from IT and if/how we resolve the problem.
Peter it is your site I found which I intend to point my IT folks toward.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2008 Jan 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, Colum,
This has finally gotten some attention from my IT folks. As I said I'd let you know how it went. I forwarded your responses as well as Adobe and Peter's notes on fixing the problem. Which....still exists. They apparently de-installed and reinstalled under my account. I wasn't neccessarily monitoring the guy and probably wouldn't know what he was doing anyway. So I am not sure what they intend to do next. Oddly enough the guy said he came accross something that seemed to indicate I needed Front Page or a similar application installed to use RoboHelp. I don't believe that is the case but I thought I'd pose the question to you guys.
I'm still seeing the exact same errors. When I try to generate the SSL and click view nothing displays. I can however generate an SSL in RoboHlep Word.

Thanks again
Happy New Year
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First there's no way you need FrontPage installed. Maybe there was a message about HTML Workshop, that's a different thing.

Difficult to help more without specifics. Maybe the IT people can give you the details of what they have done.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Peter, one thought I had as to where the "FrontPage" requirement may have popped in is that if FrontPage is not installed and the IT person was grasping at straws, looked at the WebHelp publishing dialog and saw that disabled "FrontPage Enabled" option when defining a Publish destination.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2008 Jan 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well gents,
I may have a solution but it isn't the one we've been pursuing.
I won't go into great detail just wanted to extend my appreciation for your help.
IT de/reinstalled several times but I was never able to generate an SSL even when attempting
to do so initially with Admin rights. If I were more IT savy I may have been able to push the issue more.
They assured me thatthey followed everyting noted from you and Adobe.
Bottom line they will provide me with an offline laptop and we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for you help. Now assuming I can use the tool I'll be in touch with more applicable questions.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you get that information let's look at other possibilities.

Click the search link next to My Forums, not the one top right.

Select the first three categories and search on

Cannot run macro: RegisterResolvers in compilation script

You will find a number of posts and maybe something there will help you. You have to be 100% certain that RH has been installed with your logon and with admin rights. Get IT to leave you with admin rights to see if it works better then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Peter.
I have asked my IT folks to provide me the details of what they've done thus far.
I browsed several of the search results and a common thread is the system 'rights' which I have made very clear to IT in more ways than one. I'll see what response I get from IT and take it from there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes you have to give them a good smack between the eyes with a solid 2X4!

Some IT folks ridicule the idea that you must not only install RH under your user name with full admin rights, but also open an RH project and generate output at least once. Those are the ones who need a dope slap.

BTW, any virus software should also be completely disabled before performing all of this. Another thing to check is whether you've updated Word since RH was installed (RH likes to deal with the most current verison of Word when it's being installed).

You might also tell the non-IT folks that if they're planning to stick with RH X5.0.2, they'll have to be sure not to upgrade their OS to Vista. You can view RH output on Vista, but you can't use X5 to actually work on projects.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp