• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just downloaded Adobe Flash Player, but the installer won't show up

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The integrated Shockwave Flash in my Google Chrome browser kept crashing, so I decided to download a Flash Player outside of Google Chrome. I downloaded it, and came to screen which said I needed to enable Flash Player by double clicking a file called "Adobe Flasher Player Installer". I used the classic shell function (i hate windows 8.1), and nothing came up. I spent an hour searching my computer. Nothing. I re-downloaded the Adobe Flash Player, and this time, the installer came up. I thougth it was finally over! When I tried to watch a video on Crunchyroll, my good friend Shockwave Flash crashed again. I remembered I had to close Chrome in order for Flash to start running. Upon closing and re-openeing Chrome another Adobe Flash Player Installer popped up, and brought me to this link, yet again.

Adobe - Download Adobe Flash Player

I don't understand what the issue is here. After my installation attempts, nothing has changed, and Shockwave continues to crash. Does anybody know if I did something wrong, have to change a setting somewhere, or any other reason/solution for this issue. Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Hi tomc54715868,

Flash player is bundled with google chrome and you cant update or reinstall it again outside of google chrome.To get the latest version of Flash player for chrome you need to update your google chrome. Current version is 17.0.0.169 and you can verify your existing version by visiting link Flash Player Help and click on Check Now button. And if your flash is still crashing on the latest version 17.0.0.169 in Chrome, Kindly file a bug at https://bugbase.adobe.com/ ‌with all the pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tomc54715868,

Flash player is bundled with google chrome and you cant update or reinstall it again outside of google chrome.To get the latest version of Flash player for chrome you need to update your google chrome. Current version is 17.0.0.169 and you can verify your existing version by visiting link Flash Player Help and click on Check Now button. And if your flash is still crashing on the latest version 17.0.0.169 in Chrome, Kindly file a bug at https://bugbase.adobe.com/ ‌with all the possible details.

The installer file that you are using must be installing flash player for some other browser but not for google chrome.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I am currently running 17.0.0.169, so I guess I will be filing a bug. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines