• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New images in RoboHelp 7.0 project

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from X.5 to 7. I am trying to add a new image not previously in the project. When I use the browse button on the image screen and browse to my image, it does not put the path into the Image Name field. I can type the path in by hand but that seems really unproductive. What is going wrong? Is this a bug or is there some new procedure I am not getting?

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same problem. I have started a project then copied glossary, image files, and template via the file folders. But when I open the project none of these items could be seen from RH. I just thought this was because I was using the trial version.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you project files located on a network drive. If so, move them off before you corrupt them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, for me I'm using a trial version on my personal laptop. the company I'm consulting for is upgrading to the technical suite. We will be storing project files on a network drive but via the RoboSource Control. Will this cause an issue? Since when did storing projects on a network drive become and issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using source control, having the projects on a network drive is not an issue. RH pulls them out of source control and stores them locally while you work. That's OK. What is not OK is having the project on a network drive and pointing RH to that and working across the network. A very different thing and it eventually hits a problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if working on a network drive didn't have issues, it's always too slow to work on the network and I have never done this.

Now back to the original question posed by ndhelp: I am not able to see any images either. I just thought it was because I'm using the trial version (we are waiting for the PO to go through as we speak). Sounds like it's an issue regardless of trial or full version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MeWrite, you say you moved your images into your project folder but are not seeing your images in RH's Project Manager. ndhelp, are your images inside your project folder also, or are you browsing for images that are not within your project directory? I believe RH usually asks to copy an image into the project folder if it's originally outside, but it doesn't hurt to check. RH likes to keep everything close.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image files are in my project folder. I am on my local machine as well and am using RoboSource. I have confirmed the same behavior on another machine with a different project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click Insert or the picture Icon, it let's me path to any folder (inside or outside the project) and I can see the image in the images folder, I can select it and the file name displays correctly, but when I click open nothing happens. the image doesn't come in, doesn't preview, doesn't show in the image name field, doesn't ask me to copy it into the current project, and doesn't display in the image folders. I thought this was a bug and it was really there, so I clicked OK, but then I receive an error that I "must type a file path or URL."

Been using RH since the beginning of time, but this is a new one on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same behavior. I have also been using RH forever and can't figure this one out. The only workaround I found is to type the path in by hand. You have to keep in mind that it is relative so I copied a path from another image and changed it to be my specific image file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2007 Nov 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a new project and try there.

I just opened a project and got the problem you report.

Not getting it in a new project. Not sure why yet.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and please don't delete any project with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I opened a new project and that works for me as well. Don't worry I will not delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

First would you be willing and able to share the problem project with me? I would like to look at it and if necessary take it up with Adobe. If you are, how big is it zipped up? I don't need the outputs so strip those out.

Second, until the cause of the problem is identified, your choices are to live with the workaround or create a new project and import all the topics. We know those two things will work. You could try deleting the CPD and XPJ files as described in my topic on opening projects. (Take a backup first). That's one of the things I'll be trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I wouldn't mind sharing but the zip file is very large - 36,578 KB.

Also, very strange behavior has occurred on both projects with the separate machines and users. It appears the problem only happens on the first graphic you try to import. I was going to confirm the behavior is still there before sending. I tried to insert another graphic and it worked just fine. But, the first graphic I attempted to bring in still has the same behavior. My partner did the same test and had the same result with a different project and different graphic, on a different machine.

So, our experience seems to show that it only happens for the first graphic you attempt to add and then after that all is well.

Let me know if you still want the zipped file but I will need to tell you which graphic it is that is misbehaving because all others seem to be working fine now. Scratching head.

Nita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also send the project. Please keep in mind, I am using the trial version. I have created 3 projects, but have the same issue across the board. I have to scrubbed a few things first, but prob can send this by Monday.

I have posted another topic where I am having issues with custom templates and copying information via file structure being seen by RH Project manager. Don't know if this is a related issue or not http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=1318850

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nita

It's that size with the contents of the !SSL! folder deleted?

Cindy

You are able to create a new project and still get this problem or is it just with upgraded projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - I found time to scrub the project in question. Where do you want me to send the zip file to? You can email me at cindy.j.spurr@pfizer.com where I will be able to respond quicker.

I get the same problem regardless of whether I'm updating a X5 project to 7 or starting a new one.

I created a new project and imported topics from the X5 project. It brings in the images just fine, but it puts all the topics and images in the main folder versus sub-folders. This is a good work around if I'm upgrading and older project AND it's small. Most of my X5 projects are huge, we're talking 200-500 topics. This is not a suitable work around for those projects.

However, this work around does not help me when creating a new project from scratch. I use SnagIt to capture the images and RH7 doesn't see them. I double checked with RoboScreen Capture and it works the same as SnagIt. Allows me to capture, name and save the image, but does not see it in the image folder via RH therefore I cannot linkto the image in the topic.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update from here - it is not just the first image we try to include. It has happened again randomly. We are unable to see any rhyme or reason that some images can be included and others not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project from Cindy. You didn't confirm the size of your project with SSL deleted? Is that 36mb?

If it is, then let me look at Cindy's file first. If that doesn't find the problem, I'll let you have some FTP instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is with ssl deleted

thanks, let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it is 36MB with the SSL removed. I'll wait to hear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email me via my site and I will send you instructions.

I'm about to log off so please email now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is to Cindy (MeWrite)

The problem I am seeing is not what you describe. I opened the project you sent me and see a couple of images in Project Manager. Those are images that I can see in the topics you sent me. In the project files when viewed in Windows Explorer, there are many other images. However, if you go to Tools | Reports | Unused files, these additional files appear because they are not used in any topic. Images only appear in Project Manager if they are used in a topic. Otherwise they do not appear even though in the folders. RH has worked that way for as long as I have been using it.

Open any one of the topics you sent me or a new one. Use the insert image icon and point to one of the images not appearing in Project Manager. Insert one of those and click Save. Does it now appear in Project Manager?

When you initially said what you had added to the project, I thought you meant along with the topics. Looks like you may just have been adding those images using Windows Explorer?

Or am I missing a point you are trying to make?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2007 Dec 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is to ndhelp.

Looks like we are talking about two issues in this thread. I saw the problem in a project and then, stupidly, trashed it.

So, email me via my site and I will send you some upload instructions. The size is not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp