• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can audio be spread across quiz?

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to play some background music while a person is taking a quiz.  I would like the background music to play seamlessly while the person goes through the three questions.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Marty

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

An audio file can't be put in Presenter to play independantly of the slides (meaning having one audio file play across a group of slides untill the user moves past those slides). This can be done in Captivate, as I stated earlier.

You can either assign a portion of the audio to each slide (there may be animation click markers that you have to move as well for the quiz slide) or you can assign the audio to multiple slides though the import tool or using  the copy/paste function as Rajeev stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can perform it by following it as follows:-

• Importing the audio file, and then
  • Using the audio editor to split the audio across your slides.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can import the audio file.  How do I use the audio editor to split the audio across my slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can move the slide markers in the Audio editor. So import the the audio to the first quiz slide and then move the slide markers to the desired location in the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the document listed below for edit an audio section.

https://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/using/audio-presentations.html

Regards,

Rajeev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see:

I've put music on slide 3 and I want it to extend as one file all the way

to slide 6. When the instructions say to " click the red slide marker line

and slide the divider to the left or right." It doesn't make sense. The

red slide markers won't move past each other.

What am I doing wrong?

marty

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:39 PM, RajeevAdobe <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In quiz slides it might be difficult to move the slides markers. In this situation you may copy and paste the audio into you quiz slides manually.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An audio file can't be put in Presenter to play independantly of the slides (meaning having one audio file play across a group of slides untill the user moves past those slides). This can be done in Captivate, as I stated earlier.

You can either assign a portion of the audio to each slide (there may be animation click markers that you have to move as well for the quiz slide) or you can assign the audio to multiple slides though the import tool or using  the copy/paste function as Rajeev stated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then my next question (and this might qualify as a different thread), can I create the quiz portion in Captivate 7 (which I have), have the music play across slides, then import the quiz into Presenter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but....

The tracking of Presenter is only for the Presenter content. You will have a record that the individuals viewed the PPT slide with the Captivate quiz on it, but the answers given and pass/fail status will not be tracked. If you import the PPT slides to Cp, build the quiz in that project in Cp and then use the Cp output exclusively, you should get the tracking of the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, you saw where I was going with this.  I was just now importing the  PP into Cp and seeing if I could just play the music over the three slides and then...wait.  After I did that it would then be a Cp project, not a PP.  So are you saying to import the PP into Cp without the quiz, then create the quiz in Cp (with the music tracked across the three slides) and save the entire project as a Cp program?  Or when you say, "use the Cp output exclusively", do you mean separately from the PP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, eleminate Presenter from the equation. Import the PPT in Cp, add the audio to the slides as needed, create the quiz, place a clear highlight box, or something similar on the first quiz slide and have it remain on the project for the rest of the quiz slides. It's been a while since I did this, but I'll see if I can recreate the exact steps to have an object remain on X slides. Then associate the desired audio with that object and it should play independant of the slide actions.

If I can remember it, and you have trouble getting it worked out it may be worth asking in the Captivate forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I post this question to the Captivate folder, do you want to answer it there instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'll answer here if I get a chance to get you a procedure. The people who frequent the Adobe Captivate forum are much more knowledgeable than I am on using it, so I'd rather they help there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Jorma. I really appreciate your help.

Marty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. Since the quiz will pause the presentation and then jump to a specific point in the timing for the slide, your audio file may pause and/or skip as the user interacts with the quiz.

I think this would be more feasible in Captivate as you can associate audio with an object on the slide in addition to the slide itself. So you could have something playing audio independent of the slide timing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources