Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Save Files dialog in FM12

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

We have FrameMaker plugin system, which manages our own saving of FrameMaker files.

It works in FrameMaker 10. But now in FM12 this dialog appears:

save_all.png

And we need to disable this dialog and continue with close of FrameMaker.

I have tried to use  FA_Note_Dialog and return CancelOperation, but then the close event chain of FrameMaker is not continuing.

Basicaly we need to have Close of FrameMaker event chain same as in FM10.

Is it possible to do this?

[Moved to Scripting Forum by moderator]

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hanzelko,

How did you get around the dialog in FM10? Earlier versions did not have this dialog box, but they did have individual prompts for each unsaved file. What notification do you use to trigger your own saving process?

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

In FrameMaker 10 we handle PreQuitDoc. And by clicking X for FrameMaker, it calls PreQuitDoc for all open documents.

We perform our save to our DMS, save file locally and we will not close the document.

And the rest in done by FrameMaker. (the document is saved, FM will close it and it can proceed to PreQuitSession);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I see. In FM10, PreQuitDoc fires before the prompt. In FM12, that prompt appears before any notification. It would seem that Adobe has once again made a change that interferes with API users. I don't have any answer for you, only a confirmation that your observations are correct. Historically, the most egregious obstacle to FrameMaker automation has been UI prompts that can't be avoided. It's unfortunate that this trend continues. In my opinion, the API is the major feature that keeps this product competitive.

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines