• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automated Adobe Flash Updates Not Working

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a iMac running on OS 10.9.5. For the past year, I continually set Flash Player to do automatic updates and it seems to take, then within 2 weeks, it is set pack to "prompt for updates". 

How do I fix this??

I have used many superlatives to describe my feelings for flash Player updates...

Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please go to your System Preferences -> Flash Player icon -> Updates tab or Advanced tab (If there is no Updates tab) and post a screenshot here using How to post a screenshot in the forum

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Varun,

On my iMac, I keep changing the setting to allow updates.  and the computer within a few days changes them back to prompt for updates...  My Macbook Pro seems to be working ok.

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 1.03.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 1.02.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 1.09.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi tbcuthbert,

The Background Update service will make 7 attempts to update via the Background Update Service.  If it's not successful after the 7th attempt  it switches to Notification Updates to notify the user of an update (so the user doesn't miss out on security updates).  We'll need to look at your FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file to find out why it failing.  Please provide the ~/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file using the instructions here How to share a document.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines