• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

populate a dropdown based on what is chosen on another

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two dropdowns, one for category and the other for sub category. The category dropdown is loaded automatically and the sub category dropdown should be loaded based on what is chosen on the category dropdown. All data is coming from a database table, one is category and the other one is sub category. I am using oracle database. Thanks in advanced.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got any code you need help with? I don't think anyone here is going to do all this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll probably need to do an ajax call to populate that related select. This post on StackOverflow gives you the basics. No offense to Ben, but ignore his advice on using cfselect (you should avoid the cfform tags if at all possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation