• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution for AAM Updater Error : U44M1I210

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting Creative Cloud a couple of days ago then running into Updater Error U44M1l210 over and over and making the mistake of calling tech support (which was no help - "just reset it / download from the site" - even though resetting does nothing and the site doesn't have all the updates AAM does), I've finally got a working solution.

Essentially it's a permissions issue. Not sure why it affects some and not others, but I was logged in as an administrator and it still failed to have permissions to update despite admin password entry.

So, here's what you do. You need to open AAM and Update with superuser permissions.

1. Open Terminal

2. Copy and Paste the following, then hit enter:

sudo "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/core/Adobe Application Manager.app/Contents/MacOS/PDApp"

3. It will prompt you for your password, enter it.

4. The Adobe Application Manager will open with sudo (elevated/superuser) permissions.

5. Open one of your Creative Cloud programs.

6. Go to Help>Update...

7. The updater dialog will open. Update as normal, it will work this time.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnot prompt for password

and this is what it said ?

The updater window opened but the 3 programs to nbe update have already been update but say the require update.

So what do i do now ?

Thanks!!

objc[5394]: Class HTTPHeader is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/CCM/CCMNative.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/UWA/UpdaterCore.framework/Versions/A/UpdaterCore. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[5394]: Class ProxyManager is implemented in both /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp/CCM/CCMNative.dylib and /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/UWA/UpdaterCore.framework/Versions/A/UpdaterCore. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

Here's another possible solution that was posted by Adobe Staff:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1086106

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I have been battling this for so long - this did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After multiple phone calls and emails to tech support about this issue I was hoping that this would solve the issue for me. I've tried command line fixes a few times now and like the others this one doesn't fix the issue for me.

Still get:

There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1I210

I can install applications but can't update them (OSX 10.9). I guess I could delete and install each time there is an update, but major PITA.

Unfortunately calling Adobe tech support is a very frustrating experience. I've had dropped calls, had to repeat my information every time (spelling out each letter of my email address with a word) and finally get offered the same solution that doesn't work.

[edit]

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/update-error-u44m1i216.html

Fixed my issue

🙂

Message was edited by: liamcampbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a solution that predates the Creative Cloud Launcher (ie. back in the App Manager days) and was done in Snow Leopard. It would need to be readjusted for CC and Mountain Lion / Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out I jumped the gun and this didn't fix my issue, just delayed the error message. I am able to delete/uninstall apps either directly or with the Adobe Clean Up tool then reinstall them via the CC app, but they reinstall without successfully applying any updates.

All the other possible solutions Adobe have provided haven't worked to date, including command line fixes for permissions, deleting old Adobe App Manager etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after 5 days of searching, finally a solution..

Many thanks.

Dear Adobe Support team,

Everytime i ask for help, its a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't working for me.. None of these sollutions work for me.. Yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simnymonnaxx if the solution from this older discussion is not resolving your issue then I would recommend creating a new discussion with the specific errors you are facing.  The U44M1I210 error indicates a failure to extract the downloaded ZIP/DMG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also recommend review Error U44M1I210 | Install updates which discusses locating the installation logs for the update to locate the exact error preventing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't worked for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it is also not working. Have done all the suggestions in this discussion

Strange that it is only now not working with the new updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have tried this one by one? This really worked very well for me.

1. Logout from Adobe Creative Cloud and uncheck "boot at startup"

2. Uninstall the dedicated app

3. Use "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool", to uninstall "Adobe Creative Cloud"

4. Delete User>Library>Application Support>Adobe> Folder AAMUpdater

5. Delete MacHD>Library>Application Support>Adobe> Folder AAMUpdater

6. Delete MacHD>Library>Application Support>Adobe> Folder AAMUpdaterInventory

REBOOT

7. Install Adobe Creative Cloud again

8. Install the dedicated app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me:

to fix this (on a PC)

1: open up the Creative Cloud control panel, and quit out.

2: Navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

3: Delete (or rename) the directory named "1.0"

4: restart Creative Cloud

5: Got to the App manager and update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me! Thanks for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness for you sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting this folder as suggested worked for me:

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0

It was a very stubborn error, I had completely removed all four Adobe products plus CC, started from scratch, did not fix it... which makes sense now, the problem was basically in a cache folder in AppData which didn't get deleted. I wonder if they accidentally sent out an update with a bad signature or something like that, or a bad signature reference file, and then CC kept trying to apply the same update and not validate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not uninstall your apps  but follow Chelfyn Baxter post and make sure everything related to adobe is turned off, even those that run in background. I am not sure how to do that in Apple OS but in PC Alt+Ctrl+Del and get in task manager, end any task related to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me

On a mac:

User > Library > Application Support > Adobe > AAMUpdater > 1.0

Delete the 1.0 folder. Quit and restart Creative Cloud. Update as normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a ccleaner registry cleanup. It solved the problem. It didn't seem to enable an update but simply stopped showing that an update was needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HERE'S A FIX (because my rights were fine)

After trying to download the updates:
a) search for "setup.dmg" on your Macintosh HD (the file path is visible in the first picture)
b) start the disk utility tool
c) you should see the DMG files there, choose the one you wanna install and go to "recovery"
d) back in the finder just copy this "setup.dmg" in the same place, the name is irrelevant
e) draw it into the target field ("Zielmedium") of the recovery tool and push "recovery" ("Wiederherstellen")
f) now you can doubleclick the copied file and update as usual.Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-06 um 13.22.48.png

Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-06 um 13.22.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I hope this helps someone because it's been driving me crazy looking for a solution.

I followed the advice above to look at the set up files in Disk Utility - from there I followed the path to locate where they were installed.

Which was /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/Install

In there you **should** find the nasty folders for the applications that are stuck installing.

I just deleted the folder related to the stuck program and tried again through the CC updater and Viola - done!

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me:

1. Logout from Adobe Creative Cloud and uncheck "boot at startup"

2. Uninstall the dedicated app

3. Use "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool", to uninstall "Adobe Creative Cloud"

4. Delete User>Library>Application Support>Adobe> Folder AAMUpdater

5. Delete MacHD>Library>Application Support>Adobe> Folder AAMUpdater

6. Delete MacHD>Library>Application Support>Adobe> Folder AAMUpdaterInventory

REBOOT

7. Install Adobe Creative Cloud again

8. Install the dedicated app.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines